ERROR: Package Download Failed...

iSpend

Bronze
Jan 11, 2008
Can't find host.

I'm trying to download from my AppSnapp installer. Never had this problem before. Does anyone know what this means, and how it can be fixed?

Thanks in advance!

diverdown

Contributor
Silver
Sep 12, 2007
NYC
thanks. But doesn't refresh the sources everytime you open installer?
There is a button in installed to refresh sources, I used that and asked me to install an update. Once that update was installed the download errors stopped.

thanks for the info Jhors2...

~S

Jhors2

Bronze
Nov 11, 2007
No Worries :) It does refresh your sources, but sometimes it works better to do it manually, I had the exact same problem but it happened with a mislinked app in installer, after I refreshed it worked fine. :)

iSpend

Bronze
Jan 11, 2008
noooo not "manually". You mean using, say, Fugu?

I'm a novice, so if I can't tap refresh or restore, I'm sunk

How is it done manually?

Jhors2

Bronze
Nov 11, 2007
you go to the sources tab on the very bottom right of installer and at the top there is a refresh button.

iSpend

Bronze
Jan 11, 2008
sounds simple enough, but I'm kinda unsure about upgrading to 1.1.3, and jailbreaking. Seems like so many people are having problems.

Whats been your experience?

Jhors2

Bronze
Nov 11, 2007
It's been awesome, went SEEMLESSLY, the only problem I had is with iPhysics, you have to change the permissions on the file, and I have had some experience working on file systems, but the learning curve isn't steep at all, read around, if you have any problems at all its easy to find a solution. Pm me if you have any problems at all, my youtube, locate me feature on google, ringtones, everything worked fine straight after the jailbreak!

MarcosG

Feb 12, 2008
the refresh trick doesn't work I tried it and nothing. Its been this way the past 3 days. I called my cousin and he's having the same issue. Any other ideas on how to solve this?

Dinger123

Feb 15, 2008
West Sussex UK
Hi

I had this problem and found a link advising to "Run installer, goto 'Sources' update sources that you use!

The link to some of the sources changed recently.

Hope this helps!

Dinger

jojo76

Mar 18, 2008
refresh failed

the refresh trick doesn't work I tried it and nothing. Its been this way the past 3 days. I called my cousin and he's having the same issue. Any other ideas on how to solve this?
Hi eveyone...

I'm having the same problems, i have downloaded a few things and all of a sudden it can't find the host, refreahing doesn't help either it says refreshed failed.

Help...

please

wbrod

Oct 25, 2007
Hi eveyone...

I'm having the same problems, i have downloaded a few things and all of a sudden it can't find the host, refreahing doesn't help either it says refreshed failed.

Help...

please
Check that u don't have anything in que, i had the same promblem it seens that i had a download waiting in qued, after i removed from que everything was fine. Hope it help

jfagundo

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
reinstall community sources.
I tried everything myself with no luck, the thing is I was able to install earlier after upgrading to 1.1.4. Now, no matter what I click on, it gives me the same error.

I can't even reinstall BSD Sub. What the heck is this all about? I don't know what to do.

Thanks. :mad:

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
Quick question... When yall jailbroke did you set up a new partnership between the phone and computer. I.e new name and everything or did u use the old one?