Error: The iPhone could not be restored. An unknown error has occurred (2005)

Dec 15, 2008
ok so I have an iPhone and it is either locked, in recovery mode or both.

I am not sure what recovery mode is but that's what my iTunes keeps saying.

so basically I just want my iPhone to be jailbroken and/or unlocked so I can use the phone.

The Only one thing that appears on the screen and that is the iTunes icon with a usb cable under it saying I have to plug it in to my iTunes, which I have done and my iTunes reads it and tries to restore it but it fails. I tried to unlock it with QuickPwn and ZiPhone and neither worked becuz it couldn't find my iPhone but at the same time my iTunes could find it.

I don't know what to do

Dec 15, 2008
everytime I try to restore it, it says preparing to restore and the it goes to an error.

Dec 15, 2008
"The iPhone could not be restored.
An unknown error has occurred (2005)."

Dec 15, 2008
I can't restore it though because I am stuck on that reset screen ( picture with the USB cable) and iTunes doesn't reconize my device so it won't show up! Does anyone know the solution?

Dec 15, 2008
i already tried to use quickpwn and ziPhone and neither worked ziPhone couldnt find my iPhone and quickpwn didn't connect

Dec 15, 2008
ok my problem is fixed..I got iTunes to detect my device in recovery mode and restored successfuly! Do NOT use that method I linked earlier.. I used the quickpwn for 2.2 and it worked fine!