Error updating to 6.1.3

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by bballrob, May 19, 2013.

1. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

So, I never updated my iPad 2 past iOS 6.0., and I'm kicking myself. I'm kicking myself especially hard right now because I want to beta test an app, but in order to do so, I have to be on 6.1 or later.

So, I'm going to bite the bullet and upgrade. iTunes is telling me the newest available version is 6.1.3, although I've seen a thread saying that 6.1.3 is available, so that doesn't make sense.

Anyhow, when I go to update, I'm getting the following error message:

"There are purchased items on the iPad “Rob’s iPad Dos” that have not been transferred to your iTunes library. You should transfer these items to your iTunes library before updating this iPad. Are you sure you want to continue?"

I'm not sure which items haven't been transferred, and I'd prefer not to lose something and not know it. I've tried doing a synch, as well as backup, and then sync, but I still get this message.

Any idea how to get past this?

2. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I usually get that message when restoring or upgrading. I don't think you'll lose anything because of it. It just transfers new apps or newer versions of apps from your iDevice to your computer that it can't already find in iTunes.

3. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

I hope you're right. I'm going to give it a go based on your advice. If I lose something valuable, I'll come back here and blame you.

4. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I'm good with that.

5. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

OK, IT's all your fault. Went to my son's graduation on Tuesday night. HAnded the iBabysitter to one of the small children to keep them quiet. A couple minutes later, they were complaining because "someone deleted a bunch of the games".

It's ALL YOUR FAULT NAPOLEON!