Error when trying to add Custom Carrier Logo

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

cccablecompany

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
Everytime I get to the command line putfile I am getting a iPhone pop up error that closes the command prompt. Do anyone know what can be the problem. I restarted me iPhone and computer. iTunes is also not running. My logo are 55X20 ATT logos.

princess_80854

Silver
Jul 16, 2007
Make sure iTunes and iTunes helper are closed. Also, make sure that you are typing the file names in EXACTLY as it is with the original file and that you are putting them in the correct folder.

For your carrier logo, you would type this command:
cd /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app
putfile System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/Default_CARRIER_ATT.png
putfile System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/FSO_CARRIER_ATT.png

I hope that helps.

cccablecompany

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
Make sure iTunes and iTunes helper are closed. Also, make sure that you are typing the file names in EXACTLY as it is with the original file and that you are putting them in the correct folder.

For your carrier logo, you would type this command:
cd /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app
putfile System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/Default_CARRIER_ATT.png
putfile System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/FSO_CARRIER_ATT.png

I hope that helps.
I killed iTunes and iTunes helper. I am still getting the same thing.LOOK!

Last edited by a moderator:

princess_80854

Silver
Jul 16, 2007
Hmm.. Have you tried Manzana (the drag and drop software)? You don't have to type in any commands. You just drag and drop the icons to the appropriate folders within the application.

Last edited by a moderator:

iPhobos

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
Make sure that you have added your new carrier logo files into your mod folder. I received that error when i was doing too many things at once and forgot to move them for my editing folder to my iPhone Mod folder.

SevenThirteen

Bronze
Apr 3, 2008
im having the same problem. im using iPhonebrowser and i have my images named Default_CARRIER_ATT.png and FSO_CARRIER_ATT.png. so i know those are right, but when i add them and restart my phone they don't show up..... perhaps i need them in a specific folder?

Oct 4, 2007
San Francisco
im having the same problem. im using iPhonebrowser and i have my images named Default_CARRIER_ATT.png and FSO_CARRIER_ATT.png. so i know those are right, but when i add them and restart my phone they don't show up..... perhaps i need them in a specific folder?
Put them in the ATT_US.bundle folder by going to:

System/Library/Carrier Bundles/ATT_US.bundle

SevenThirteen

Bronze
Apr 3, 2008
Put them in the ATT_US.bundle folder by going to:

System/Library/Carrier Bundles/ATT_US.bundle

yup that did it thanks a lot!

this may be a little off topic, but do you know how i can get an image behind my keypad? i have the file made, i just cant get it in the right place. i got it there once and it fickered like it was there, but then the original keypad showed up again

Oct 4, 2007
San Francisco
yup that did it thanks a lot!

this may be a little off topic, but do you know how i can get an image behind my keypad? i have the file made, i just cant get it in the right place. i got it there once and it fickered like it was there, but then the original keypad showed up again
Put the file in MobilePhone.app

Go to Applications/MobilePhone.app

I don't know what to rename the file to make it stay as an image behind the keypad.