Error with updating to 1.1.3

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Is your phone Jailbroken or Unlocked in any way? Try restoring the phone back to factory settings and then attempt the upgrade again. I earlier stated that you should get iTunes 7.6 to upgrade, but that is not necessary. You can still update using iTunes 7.5.

Jun 7, 2007
Queens, NY
Is your phone Jailbroken or Unlocked in any way? Try restoring the phone back to factory settings and then attempt the upgrade again. I earlier stated that you should get iTunes 7.6 to upgrade, but that is not necessary. You can still update using iTunes 7.5.

ditto ^
what he said

Aug 12, 2007
New Jersey
www.myspace.com
My phone is as clean as can be, not touched in any way, stock. I upgraded to iTunes 7.6 and DLed the 1.1.3 update and it just gave me this error.

Xardis

Jul 10, 2007
This happened to me last night too, but it was in the MIDDLE of the upgrade. My phone was bricked and couldn't get anything to come on the screen. Eventually after leaving it connected to my PC and iTunes, an iPhone Recovery driver or something like that was installed and iTunes prompted me to perform a restore and then update. I proceeded with the restore and after everything was done, my iPhone was 1.1.3 and when iTunes re detected the phone it prompted me to restore all of my personal contacts and such too.

Maybe this will work for you?

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
What you guys need to do is download the 7.6 software, run it and make sure to reboot the cpu. Just dock the the phone and click the check for update. Let it run through. If it fails, then do a restore and run it again.