Errors! Please help! =[ 1.1.2

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

xwtfbrendan

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
Connecticut, USA
Hello all, I hope you can help me with this.

I just got an iPhone as a gift this morning. It sadly came with 1.1.2, however I haven't worried about jailbreaking it just yet. It activated successfuly and synced successfuly, even while plugged into my macbook (and while not), I get "No service." And the activation requires service to complete message.

The issue is, I have full signal. I am a current AT&T customer changing my plan over to the iPhone, not migrating from another company, etc. On my current phone (an LG CU500), I have 3-4 bars and am in 3g, here. To be sure of the issue, I went for a drive and constantly checked the phone, not getting signal once.

I attempted restoring twice, restored twice. Still same exact issue. I even have the activation successful email in my inbox. Everything works on the iPhone except the phone. I am on my home network, youtube, camera, notes, etc etc etc.

PLEASE help me! I just want this thing to work.
All replys appreciated, thank you very much.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
There could be some issues with AT&T today (xmas) because everyone is activating the phone. You may need to go to the store tomorrow and fix it.

xwtfbrendan

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
Connecticut, USA
There could be some issues with AT&T today (xmas) because everyone is activating the phone. You may need to go to the store tomorrow and fix it.
I actually just randomally restarted it and got signal and it's working all perfect now. Oh the joy of iPhone. :)

I just want picture messaging... :(

Boosted_Brian

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
I would imagine with all the other people that are trying to activate iPhones this morning that its going to take a while for your transfer of service. I am glad that you got it all worked out tho. Congrats, and don't be a stranger around the boards.

xwtfbrendan

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
Connecticut, USA
That doesn't really work though.

It did ONCE so far for me. I have my businesss's pop email account setup on Mail. It went through after I had a friend of mine picture message TO my email instead of phone number, I got that, but of course can't save the image to my iPhone (right?). I sent a message back to number@vzwpix.com - it worked. I tried sending another, no go. Mail delivery error (You know, that really long crapload of info reply you automatically get.)

I don't know if it's my businesss account that is limiting the capability.

Also, I'm running a jailbroken 1.1.2 with Summerboard and a few other goodies, 5 dock icons instead of 4 via Customizer, etc. I'm running "Tubs" theme, with a few changed out icons. Litho here and there, with a different Safari icon because I can't stand to look at an IE icon. I HIGHLY recommend Tubs, it's like a cleaned up Litho. Litho is still niiiice though.

I can't save from email right?

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
That doesn't really work though.

It did ONCE so far for me. I have my businesss's pop email account setup on Mail. It went through after I had a friend of mine picture message TO my email instead of phone number, I got that, but of course can't save the image to my iPhone (right?). I sent a message back to number@vzwpix.com - it worked. I tried sending another, no go. Mail delivery error (You know, that really long crapload of info reply you automatically get.)

I don't know if it's my businesss account that is limiting the capability.

Also, I'm running a jailbroken 1.1.2 with Summerboard and a few other goodies, 5 dock icons instead of 4 via Customizer, etc. I'm running "Tubs" theme, with a few changed out icons. Litho here and there, with a different Safari icon because I can't stand to look at an IE icon. I HIGHLY recommend Tubs, it's like a cleaned up Litho. Litho is still niiiice though.

I can't save from email right?
You can save the pics.

Okay, fact is you are receiving email, but not sending. That means there is something with the send account by smtp. Go to settings and deleate the info in that and re-enter the info, sometimes you put it in wrong the first time. But def your problem is the outgoing mail settings.

xwtfbrendan

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
Connecticut, USA
You can save the pics.

Okay, fact is you are receiving email, but not sending. That means there is something with the send account by smtp. Go to settings and deleate the info in that and re-enter the info, sometimes you put it in wrong the first time. But def your problem is the outgoing mail settings.
The account was originally installed via the first iTunes sync, it's on my mail on my macbook. I have successfuly sent emails with it, and to the same phonenumber@vzwpix.com, and he replied. However, both were all text.

I was able to send an image to him once. And able to receive whatever he sends, anytime. But only a constant outing text email ability. No settings have been changed. =\.

That question, and how do you save images from mail inbox?

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
The account was originally installed via the first iTunes sync, it's on my mail on my macbook. I have successfuly sent emails with it, and to the same phonenumber@vzwpix.com, and he replied. However, both were all text.

I was able to send an image to him once. And able to receive whatever he sends, anytime. But only a constant outing text email ability. No settings have been changed. =\.

That question, and how do you save images from mail inbox?

You can not save an email pic sent to you at this moment, unless you are jailbroken.

You can send a pic by going to your photes and selecting a pic to send which will then let you email it to a friend, is this what you want?

xwtfbrendan

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
Connecticut, USA
You can not save an email pic sent to you at this moment, unless you are jailbroken.

You can send a pic by going to your photes and selecting a pic to send which will then let you email it to a friend, is this what you want?
I am jailbroken, I just mentioned about SB + crap a few posts up. I know how to email a pic to somebody. I'm trying to figure out why it wouldn't let me email a pic TO someones number@vzwpix.com, right after letting me do it beforehand. I can send + receive flawlessly. I just tried again (to send pic to a verizon phone.)

How can I save pictures from email?