ESPN updated...but...

trnsilver

Zealot
Gold
Feb 2, 2008
Florida
ESPN put out the 3.0 update for their app...but still no push. Basically, it is really not an update. I sent feedback asking about it and the response was "there is no push right now, working on it for the future" or something to that effect. Well thanks, I knew that already...jeesh.

This app is the definition of what push is for...and it needs it ASAP.

Jun 16, 2008
Tinley Park, IL
yeah, i was excited to see an update until i read...well, didn't read in the description anything about push.

trnsilver

Zealot
Gold
Feb 2, 2008
Florida
From ESPN, when I sent feedback:

Push notification is an option that is in development for either a future release of ScoreCenter, or, a future ESPN application. We do not have an estimated time that it will be available.

Translation. They are creating a new app with it and will charge for it.

azsprty

Jun 10, 2009
Valley of the Sun
yep...all about the benjmins.

What would be cool is if you could edit your push..only from the certain teams or sports you want. id pay for that

trnsilver

Zealot
Gold
Feb 2, 2008
Florida
I don't, to be honest. It is basically just a tool to get people to use their Mobile Web site. None of the content (like stats, standings, etc.) is available in the app - just scores. For that use alone, it is OK. But come fantasy football season, it is going to be a pain to have to load all those extra screens/pages.

Toranz82

Bronze
Jun 7, 2007
Florida
Ugh this ticks me off so much. They demoed their app at the iPhone firmware 3.0 preview back in march and they still can't get it out? ESPN Alerts was my most anticipated app for 3.0.

I doubt they'll charge for their Alerts App. I think what happened was they had originally decided to release ESPN Alerts as an app on its own, but they probably changed their mind and now working to just integrate it into ESPN Scorecenter.