ESPN

rod4soonrs

Bronze
Jan 27, 2008
Edmond, OK
I saw on the previous video from the wwdc that espn was going to have an alert with the signature alert sound, the nah nah nah, nah nah nah. Anyone know how this works, is it a certain app?

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
I'm guessing it will be part of their ESPN ScoreCenter which is on the app store right now. However push hasn't really gone live yet so even if the app has it enabled (which it doesn't seem to since there is no push in the settings for it) it won't work until push is live.

trnsilver

Zealot
Gold
Feb 2, 2008
Florida
Yeah, it looks like the ESPN app they came out with was just to get people's "mouth watering" for the full thing. I hope they don't charge for it...

There are currently no push settings on ScoreCenter...though I look forward to them putting out what they showed at WWDC.

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
I'm guessing it will be part of their ESPN ScoreCenter which is on the app store right now. However push hasn't really gone live yet so even if the app has it enabled (which it doesn't seem to since there is no push in the settings for it) it won't work until push is live.
I've been receiving push notifications everyday since Thursday from AP Mobile. And AIM is now live with push. Scorecenter hasn't gone live with push yet.

trnsilver

Zealot
Gold
Feb 2, 2008
Florida
I'd hope you would be watching the game and not need push in that instance...

azsprty

Jun 10, 2009
Valley of the Sun
Oh yes. id be watching it...and the other good SEC games. Too bad Auburn is gonna suck for a while, should have never fired tubberville

Get_Zwole

Bronze
Jun 20, 2009
Oklahoma City
I saw on the previous video from the wwdc that espn was going to have an alert with the signature alert sound, the nah nah nah, nah nah nah. Anyone know how this works, is it a certain app?
will be awesome when they get it working.

btw nice avatar ;) BOOMER SOONER for life. good to see another okie around.

Jun 16, 2008
Tinley Park, IL
i emailed ESPN about this very issue, well let me tell you that their answers were less than stellar. The first email I got back told me to uninstall and reinstall the app, which had NOTHING to do with my question of when push would come to light. So I responded and asked if they even read my email and to please actually read customer emails before blindly responding and all I got back was, "there is no plans to develop push for our apps in the near future, sorry."

Soo... I'm guessing we won't see it any time soon, so if you want a sports app that pushes scores, game start/end times and other related items, download sportacular for free and choose what teams you want info about pushed to your phone. worked great for me!

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
Sportacular push works perfectly for me. Seems like ESPN made some empty promises & Apple used the ESPN name just for publicity. Sad really.