Europa or other nutrition guru's

MyRichLife

Zealot
Gold
Nov 19, 2009
South Florida.
Hey Guys & Ladies,

Back on June 11th of 2014 I went under for a Hiatal Hernia with Robotics surgery and ever since the surgery I been loosing weight fast. I was about 275lbs cause of my height 6'7 I always been tall had some weight on me. Now, back to the weight loss I been to my doctor and his PA when I couldn't see my primary care doctor they both instructed me to get nutrition drinks such as Ensure or some other type nutrition drinks since I can't eat much with out getting nauseated or throwing up so I have to take a Zofran which is a anti nausea medicine to help get rid of the nausea.

I was wondering if you guys and ladies can offer the best nutrition drink will be best for me? I had a Ensure strawberry flavor while visiting my mother when she was doing her Chemotherapy rounds in the hospital back in 2012 for her Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia cancer illness. I enjoy the Ensure strawberry flavor drink. Right now I'm stocked up on Bolthouse Farms nutrition drinks they don't give me problems what's so ever.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
My wife takes Zofran 30 minutes before a meal to help with nausea. Is it that blue pill? I wouldn't know what to suggest for the drink. When on a liquid diet, we've always liked Ensure a bit more than the other brands. Whatever works for you.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
Well do you need to get weight back or is this just a nutrition issue at this point? I would think to gain weight anything with more calories. Even milkshakes. GNC might have some options for you.

MyRichLife

Zealot
Gold
Nov 19, 2009
South Florida.
My wife takes Zofran 30 minutes before a meal to help with nausea. Is it that blue pill? I wouldn't know what to suggest for the drink. When on a liquid diet, we've always liked Ensure a bit more than the other brands. Whatever works for you.
Mine's a pink pill that dissolves that taste great! I think both Bolthouse Farms and Ensure drinks would be better for me from the dietitian and surgeon told me.

MyRichLife

Zealot
Gold
Nov 19, 2009
South Florida.
Well do you need to get weight back or is this just a nutrition issue at this point? I would think to gain weight anything with more calories. Even milkshakes. GNC might have some options for you.
What my surgeon told me after surgery approx two weeks when I last saw him...He said I'm great weight for my height I just help getting protein before I get really sick and would have to get a feeding tube in my stomach.