evasi0n iOS 6 Jailbreak Released

efuseakay

Contributor
Silver
Nov 11, 2008
Sigh. No luck installing SBSettings. Been trying all night. Everything else only took a few tries at most. Go to bed, people! :)

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Here's a helpful tip I just learned today...

If you get stuck with an incompatible Cydia app hanging your device on reboot, boot it while holding the volume up button to temporarily disable all tweaks. Then you can get into Cydia and disable the last thing you installed.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
This is what I am seeing after letting Cydia fully load. Also, most apps and tweaks won't install period.

It's not letting me get the photo on here that I took, but it's a bunch of internal server errors. Failed to fetch. Should I wait a few days or re jailbreak again?

Sent using iCafe app

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Every time I try to install any Cydia package, I get the following error message: "I wasn't able to locate file for the mobilesubstrate package. This might mean you need to manually fix this package."

Is anyone else seeing this rather cryptic error?
I am having issues, but I have not had that message. You may want to restore and re jailbreak. It's possible the jailbreak didn't fully run.

Sent using iCafe app

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Try installing mobile substrate by itself. I found that helped many other package installations go smoother.

I am having issues, but I have not had that message. You may want to restore and re jailbreak. It's possible the jailbreak didn't fully run.

Sent using iCafe app
Yeh, it's very strange. This is on an iPad 3 and the jailbreak went smooth as silk.

Try installing mobile substrate by itself. I found that helped many other package installations go smoother.
That fixed it!

I installed Mobile Substrate and at least that error is now solved. I did get an http error while trying to download WinterBoard, but I'm guessing that's due to server load.

Anyhow, thank you!

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
My weather app seems to be ok, also I didn't see anything about OTA on the JB site.... I know it was stated elsewhere but my experience has been great so far (cross my fingers)
Yeah, I saw that, but I follow these guys pretty closely on other forums and Twitter and they have said it elsewhere. But I definitely don't want to rehash this with you again, so I'll leave it with this. I realize it wasn't on evasi0n.com; I'm just cautious and want to make sure I can always restore to 6.1 later if I need to.

fearofnormalcy

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 8, 2010
New Port Richey, FL
www.facebook.com
Anyone able to access the "Manage Account" section yet?

I've been able to sign in using Facebook, but that's it...blank page after that. Trying to get some of my paid tweaks like Infinidock and FolderEnhancer to install, but I keep getting a paid package error on both, and I definitely paid for 'em.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Anyone able to access the "Manage Account" section yet?

I've been able to sign in using Facebook, but that's it...blank page after that. Trying to get some of my paid tweaks like Infinidock and FolderEnhancer to install, but I keep getting a paid package error on both, and I definitely paid for 'em.
I just signed into my Facebook on Cydia. The pages are blank, but continuing to press Reload finally worked and I am on my Purchased Packages page. I am installing them as we speak.

EDIT: I am continuing to get "Hash Sum mismatch" and other errors on basically everything I attempt to install.

cliffeman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Feenix, Amizona
I just signed into my Facebook on Cydia. The pages are blank, but continuing to press Reload finally worked and I am on my Purchased Packages page. I am installing them as we speak.

EDIT: I am continuing to get "Hash Sum mismatch" and other errors on basically everything I attempt to install.
Ok, So I'm not the only one getting the hash sum mismatch error. I tried all the suggestions related to that error. Rebooting the device and redownloading. And resetting the Network Settings. But neither one worked. I really don't feel like restoring and rejailbreaking again.

I figured I'll try again tomorrow or Wed when the servers aren't overloaded.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Ok, So I'm not the only one getting the hash sum mismatch error. I tried all the suggestions related to that error. Rebooting the device and redownloading. And resetting the Network Settings. But neither one worked. I really don't feel like restoring and rejailbreaking again.

I figured I'll try again tomorrow or Wed when the servers aren't overloaded.
If it makes you feel better, I am restoring as we speak and will re jailbreak. I will let you know if I see a difference with Cydia.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Update: After restoring a second time and rejailbreaking, my Cydia is running much faster, and I am able to install most tweaks and apps very quickly with no issues as of yet.

I just installed Winterboard! This is officially exciting. The second restore and rejailbreak did the trick.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Hate to tell you, but it's just because Europe is asleep and the servers have a little breathing room.

VOLS34

Zealot
Gold
Jun 25, 2010
I got Sbsettings, winterboard, biteSMS, & some other minor tweaks to work. I finally got weatherIcon to install but it kept me in safe mode. I'm guessing this is because of the stock weather app bug.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I got Sbsettings, winterboard, biteSMS, & some other minor tweaks to work. I finally got weatherIcon to install but it kept me in safe mode. I'm guessing this is because of the stock weather app bug.
I edited your post. You've been here long enough to know what we don't allow discussion of.