evasi0n jailbreak is a joke

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by Kazman, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Kazman

Kazman Member
    Bronze

this is a serious joke, this jailbreak wasn't beta tested long enough before it was released, my iPhone 5 , ipad 2, ipod touch 4th gen all get stuck in a boot loop, and the weather app doesn't work on my phone and ipod, I can honestly say I would rather have a bone stock phone than use this jailbreak, I can't believe I waited 4 months for this!

2. coop1701

coop1701 Zealot
    Silver

That stinks. I have jail broke my iPhone, iPad and a friends iPhone at work.

No issues. I didn't even have the stock weather bug.

At least you are batting 1000.

3. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

Aside from the stock weather app, everything is working fine so far.

4. psylichon

psylichon Genius

Sorry you're having trouble (most people aren't)... but the the level of ingratitude laced in your post is indicative that you have no idea how hard this stuff is to pull off.

At least you haven't wasted any money by donating to the dev team, right? Right.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
  5. psylichon

psylichon Genius

When did the boot loop start? Immediately? Or after installing something from Cydia? Did you disable all passwords like they said?

You can boot into safe mode by holding volume up all during the boot.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  6. NHL Fever

NHL Fever Member
    Bronze

Well I think you should get very upset about it. After all the only thing these hackers did was devote months and months of their free time outside their own full time jobs and families to work on something for no compensation and then give it to you without you having to drop a nickel. After this negligible inconvenience you've experienced, I mean common they owe you! Next time I will make the devs stop holding that gun to your head forcing you to install it.....very rude of them.

The entitlement of some people today is......amazing.

Restore your phone and you'll get your stock phone.

7. NHL Fever

NHL Fever Member
    Bronze

BTW anyone get My3G to work?

8. macscac

macscac Member
    Bronze

A serious joke? My device is functioning flawlessly after this JB
    Me thinks its user error

9. efuseakay

efuseakay Contributor
    Silver

iPad 3 and iPhone 5. No problems.

Did you disable passcode lock before jailbreaking as per the evasi0n instructions?

10. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Actually, this jailbreak is the most elaborate jailbreak we've ever seen. It utilizes five distinct bugs to bypass multiple layers of anti-hacking security in iOS, acquire root privileges and ultimately gain access to the kernel. I have nothing but respect and gratitude for the developers who created this jailbreak. It's an incredible amount of work and they always provide these tools free.

Real world beta testing is the last step of the process. A major contributing factor to instability is that the jailbreak developers don't have any control over which Cydia app developers update their apps for compatibility with the new firmware. It is the users' responsibly to back up their phones and decide if they want to be part of the real world beta testing or wait it until most of the bugs have been worked out. It is also the users' responsibility to research which apps are compatible with each other and the firmware.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

My Jailbreak went very smoothly. Yes, I did have the normal issues with Cydia, but after I did a new jailbreak, everything was working to perfection. I have no complaints whatsoever. Props go out to all the developers who created this jailbreak, and for releasing it to us in good time. (y)

12. snowtrooper1966

Gold

The joke is, as has been pointed out, is the sense of entitlement.
    We all understand the frustration...
    You would have been better served to come here and ask for help.
    There is a huge knowledge base here with tons of JB troubleshooting experience.

13. coop1701

coop1701 Zealot
    Silver

I have to agree with Europa. It is certainly one of the most elaborate Jailbreaks I have ever seen. I think the effort that group put together in that project was the best collaboration to date also.

2 thumbs up from me.

and even though some people had a few issues. I work for a large software company. Even the Best QA Dept in the world, along with a large Test Site field. Is only going to uncover about 65 percent of issues.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

You get what you pay for. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

Sooooo...are you serious or are you joking? (n)

16. AdamDaieh

AdamDaieh Member
    Bronze

Jailbreak works for me after I did it. It just took 10 minutes to do it. Really great!

17. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

I've had a couple hostile moments with the new jailbreak. A catastrophic crash occurred as I was using Google Maps to navigate a new route through downtown Dallas to a known location. The crash occurred right as I was awaiting a critical nav input and I ended up getting turned around in a part of town I wasn't familiar with. I swore I was restoring to stock the minute I got home but once I collected myself I realized I couldn't give up that easily. I emailed my crash reports, uninstalled a tweak or two, and carried on.

In the RC Heli forums they always used to say "if you're not crashing you're not trying." I tried my way out of that hobby. :D

I think I'll stick with this one, for now.

18. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

This has to be one of the easiest jailbreaks ever. I always hated going into DFU mode. My jailbreak went without a hitch and I love it. No joke here.

19. ednygma

ednygma Contributor
    Bronze

This jailbreak went even better than my last and I have nothing but respect and appreciation for the team that put this together.

20. Kathie Rebman

Kathie Rebman Member
    Bronze

My phone was working fine then all of a sudden it keeps going into safe mode as soon as I unlock it, I have not installed anything for several days and it's been fine until about a hour ago.