Even better iPhones?

bvfd2775

May 11, 2007
Aiea, HI
Y'know, I gotta admit that I haven't given much thought to where we can go from here. I was so excited about getting the first edition, I didn't even think about what else I'd like it to do...

I guess the ultimate goal is to have a mini-Mac on my hip, huh? LET'S DO IT!

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
Your a few years ahead of yourself. That may be a reality but not today or in the next 5 years :)

Jun 13, 2007
Your a few years ahead of yourself. That may be a reality but not today or in the next 5 years :)
But as Steve said, the iPhone is already five years ahead of the game, which means that what the game would normally have been six years from now should be possible NEXT year, I think. Maybe I should rewatch Back to The Future II and then I'll have it figured out.

As an aside, shouldn't it be possible to store an installation of Mac OS X to boot a Mac desktop from in the 8GB flash drive ( I wouldn't recommend losing the space, though). If so, in theory, you already have a mini-Mac there.

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
Yeah! I don't really consider it a phone or pda, but the ultimate portable computer, leapfrogging tablets, pdas, and micro laptops. With a couple more tweaks and apps it could replace a lot of functions a laptop is used for. I don't plan on getting rid of my MacBook any time soon but I hope to use the iPhone more and more, like on this forum. ;)

Jun 11, 2007
Lansing, MI
www.freemod.net
Let's all realize that we are talking about a phone right? lol. A mac mini on my side- maybe not. But a UMPC by Apple would be nice. Think about it: A mac mini on my hip = about 10-20 minutes battery life. But a UMPC that is large enough to have a decent battery = Apple FanBoy goodness. lol.

maclaptopuser

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
But as Steve said, the iPhone is already five years ahead of the game
Remember his number one job is the lead Sales Person. Talk is well..... you know. Hmmmmm, five years ahead of what game? Perhaps he's not heard of Samsung, or some of the other big players.

I will not be disappointed, as rather than count on the hype, I will believe it when I see it. And enjoy what it is, not what it's supposed to be.

Jun 2, 2007
Y'know, I gotta admit that I haven't given much thought to where we can go from here. I was so excited about getting the first edition, I didn't even think about what else I'd like it to do...

I guess the ultimate goal is to have a mini-Mac on my hip, huh? LET'S DO IT!

Thats what Apple does.. makes you buy their products (MBP, ipod) and then two days later theres a new MBP with led screens and high res, an ipod with search capability, etc. Actually thats what really happened to me. Yet, i continue to be a tried and true Apple fan. With no pity for my wallet. If i could marry a fruit and a company all at once, it would be Manzana.

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
Remember his number one job is the lead Sales Person. Talk is well..... you know. Hmmmmm, five years ahead of what game? Perhaps he's not heard of Samsung, or some of the other big players.

I will not be disappointed, as rather than count on the hype, I will believe it when I see it. And enjoy what it is, not what it's supposed to be.
I have a lame Samsung phone. I'm so glad Apple is not in the market.

soloudinhere

Bronze
Jun 18, 2007
That "five years ahead" phrase is total sales fodder. No one knows what will happen in five years. And this phone isn't THAT far ahead of anything. No 3G? no gps? no mobile streaming video? no REAL applications? Sorry, but this is way BEHIND the blackberry in useability.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
In 5 Years I expect there to be AMAZING phones.

telePhono

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
cocoplum, fl
www.myspace.com
That "five years ahead" phrase is total sales fodder. No one knows what will happen in five years. And this phone isn't THAT far ahead of anything. No 3G? no gps? no mobile streaming video? no REAL applications? Sorry, but this is way BEHIND the blackberry in useability.
oh god. here we go again. :eek:

maclaptopuser

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
As the time draws very near, it would be interesting to be a fly on the wall of Jobs office. And the mood is?

1) Confident, ready to go.

2) Mildly uneasy as we are still pushing to get it done

3) Somewhat undecided as to what features will be changed at the last minute, ah heck why not give them a glass screen even though we've already ordered 750,000 plastic ones. Oops lets return those 750,000 batteries so we can claim longer battery times. Oh yeah, then we need to modify the battery bay..... wow! this is a lot of work?... how many more days before launch Steve?

4) Completely undecided.... Hey Steve, did you hear about the latest phone from HTC... or was that Samsung.... no actually it was _______

5) Total Panic..... Oops there are 3 major functions that are not working yet.....ones that we have promised the public..... anyone have a solution?..... oh my this is a real problem....

"Hello Hollywood" ... ah.....duh... is Superman available?
No? oh crap..... well how about Spiderman......
No? holy crap.... we'll take Batman... is he available?
No? (censored response here)

Hellow Samsung?........LOL.......:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

Knowsall

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Soooooo funny.
Hello Superman?
Im thinking Ill be Superman when I get iPhone