Even three year olds can do it!

Holly

Jul 4, 2007
I work in a preschool with two to four year old kids.

Twice, I used my iPhone to shoot some photos of the kids. Both times, after I showed them their pictures, these three year old kids (different days, different classes) instantly reached over and flipped on the touch screen to scroll through the photos.

After just seeing me flip through two or three photos, they understood how to interact with the photo display. Amazing.

Even three year olds understand the intuitive touch interface.

(also - after looking at the pictures, I had to PRY their hands off the phone! They didn't want me to put it away! Actually, I've had similar reactions with adults too!)

whale_hunter

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
:)

My daughter is 5 and she has never taken to something like she has my phone.
She will sit there as long as I let her scrolling through things and pinching pictures.

Dimsum

Sep 22, 2007
Just make sure they don't drop it! that is not a pretty sight...

Conan

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
a 3 year old can keep the phone safer than I can lol.. drop it a bunch of times a day.

mjeagent

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Northern Virginia
My two year old son is a whiz with it.
If you tell him to find you a specific picture (like of our dog Max by the pool), he will hit the home button to awaken the iPhone, slide the bar to go to the Home Screen, click the photo widget, then scroll through the large collection of albums I have (75+) till he finds the right album. He then clicks on it and finds the picture. Then he turns it around and show it to you.
He also knows how to turn it sideways to view pictures in landscape view.
He will pull up the weather for you if asked.

As he says, it is truly "Baby's iPhone!"

webb

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Southern NJ, USA
This phone has an extraordinary User Interface. Considering they didn't include a user's guide (although one is available for download) should explain just how easy it is to operate. Just pick it up and tap tap your way through the menus. It doesn't take a genius to figure out how the darn thing works.

FW