Ever watch "How It's Made"

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
It is on the Science channel. They show you how they make stuff. Tonight I saw them make firefighter boots and now they are making garden tools. Cool show if you like to know how stuff gets put together.

Colin

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
I love that show, the Tivo catches whenever it's not recording something else!

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
this is a good show .. I have seen baseball bat, pianos, and furnature being made

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I watch How It's Made everyday at noon and then a few more times during the day when I can catch it. I can seriously just sit and watch a production line for hours on end and not bore of it. Weird, I know.

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
I could watch "How It's Made" all day. The same applies to "Mythbusters" and "Unwrapped" on the Food Channel.

Just don't tell my friends I watch the Food Channel.

chcorey52

Silver
Dec 25, 2007
i actually love that show so much...i don't know how because over all its pretty boring and i get tired of that guys voice....but i watch it so much

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
science channel?

I have it here on Discovery, and when I'm in Russia, guess what channel its on?

Discovery UK (aired in Russia, with no translation from English)

H

Hayesimus

One time I saw how they make Crayons on Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood...

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
LOVE the show. I have about two dozen episodes waiting to be watched sitting on the DVR... They go nuts with 'em on Thursdays!

I've seen pretty much all of them though. Way up my alley.

Lisa, our tastes in TV are disturbingly similar. Get out of my head!

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Yep, all the time. My favorite channels: Discovery, Science, The Learning Channel, Discovery health channel, History channel, and of course, the Science Fiction channel. I stay away from the news today. It's too violent and depressing.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
^^ Did you know that "The History Channel" is now just "History"? No channel, nothing, just history. It's the most annoying thing ever. Those are also among my favorite channels. Tack on Food Network and we're in businesss.

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
^^ Did you know that "The History Channel" is now just "History"? No channel, nothing, just history. It's the most annoying thing ever. Those are also among my favorite channels. Tack on Food Network and we're in businesss.
That reminds me of the band "Carpenters". They made it very clear their name is not "THE Carpenters" because, in their words, "it sounds more hip". However, in regular conversation about them you would not say "Do you like Carpenters?", because they would think you're talking about wood work.

The same applies for "The History Channel". It is very unnatural to say "Do you like History?" when you are referencing the specific channel.

Just thought I'd vent. And Food Channel, for the win.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
LOVE the show. I have about two dozen episodes waiting to be watched sitting on the DVR... They go nuts with 'em on Thursdays!

I've seen pretty much all of them though. Way up my alley.

Lisa, our tastes in TV are disturbingly similar. Get out of my head!
Yes, we do have similar TV tastes, but I do not DVR. I would never catch up. lol! My husband is going out of town and I have to watch LOST alone this week. :(

I also like the shows where someone has a totally trashed house, and people go in and clean it up. Clean Sweep and Clean House, I think are 2 of those. They make me happy about my somewhat messy, yet not totally trashed, home.

Of course I like the Food Channel. I like the Alton Brown show where he talks about the chemistry of the food.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Come on Lisa I said stop it... Alton Brown is quite possibly the ONLY CELEBRITY in EXISTENCE that I would be star struck if I ran into. Is that sad?

But yeah, Food/Discover/Science/NatGeo/Current (check out current if you haven't! It's my fav)... I live almost solely on these channels (except when Lost is on, of course)

Seriously freakin me out here, Lisa ;)

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
My parents live in Atlanta, where Alton Brown lives. I seriously hope to run into him one day while shopping at Harry's Market (which is now called something else, I think...)

My kids wake up and watch the Food Channel on Saturday morning. It is funny!

24trepid

Silver
Jan 13, 2008
Florida
Deadliest Catch, Animal Planet, Mythbusters, all rock............

guest0320

Silver
Nov 11, 2007
I could watch "How It's Made" all day. The same applies to "Mythbusters" and "Unwrapped" on the Food Channel.

Just don't tell my friends I watch the Food Channel.
Alexander,
Good Day, Sir

Why NOT tell them you watch the Food Network?

It's not the Lifetime Channel and you can learn a hell of a lot about cooking from it.
Then you can impress your friends by cooking a great meal and eating it while they watch.

Good Day

Dana

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
Alexander,
Good Day, Sir

Why NOT tell them you watch the Food Network?

It's not the Lifetime Channel and you can learn a hell of a lot about cooking from it.
Then you can impress your friends by cooking a great meal and eating it while they watch.

Good Day

Dana
Having cooking skills also impresses the ladies. Who cares what your guy friends think!

Buffy

Zealot
Gold
Jan 20, 2008
Having cooking skills also impresses the ladies. Who cares what your guy friends think!
If I were to date, and said man knew how to cook something..anything..? I'd be thrilled!