Everyone happy?

Baller

Bronze
Mar 4, 2016
Coming from the 7/8 plus models I was a little worried about the size but it seems to be the perfect fit. I had no issues with the plus models but this fits comfy.

Took a few attempts to get past not having a home button and a few other things but I’m loving it now. Of course I jumped on the Animojis they are kind of fun. I checked out the Face ID even though I don’t lock my phone and to work super fast. I can’t wait to see if the screen looks better in the sun as I got the phone too late from
Fedex

Baller

Bronze
Mar 4, 2016
Sorry don’t know how to edit the post but one annoying thing is I can’t see the battery percentage in the ears...not a huge deal, just been used to it for a while

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I'm happy now. I'm at the Annapolis Westgate Mall. I just cancelled my Nov 17-24 order and reserved my Space Gray 256GB X for pickup in two hours. I'm winning off the field today. :LOL:

Sorry don’t know how to edit the post but one annoying thing is I can’t see the battery percentage in the ears...not a huge deal, just been used to it for a while
Yeah I am super happy with it. I was also kinda bummed about the battery percentage, you can see it in the control center though. Overall I'm very pleased. The screen is stunning in my opinion.

brdmsd

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
Sorry don’t know how to edit the post but one annoying thing is I can’t see the battery percentage in the ears...not a huge deal, just been used to it for a while[/QUOTE

]
Swipe down from the top right for the Control Center which shows the battery percentage. It was removed from the home screen for space considerations.

Ohmster

Silver
Jan 26, 2008
SoCal
Absolutely loving FaceID. Works like a charm, is quick, and has been very well integrated into a few apps already. I like not having to unlock with a touch in 1$Password now.

Kobel1up

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 14, 2012
Eastern Ohio
I like the Face ID but I’ve had some other issues trying to switch my iPhone 7+ to the x. I’ve done backups on the 7 and the x won’t take it. So I’m starting over and can’t find a way around it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

iksn

Silver
Aug 7, 2008
Near Las Vegas
I like the Face ID but I’ve had some other issues trying to switch my iPhone 7+ to the x. I’ve done backups on the 7 and the x won’t take it. So I’m starting over and can’t find a way around it.

If you still have the 7, upgrade it to the latest software and then backup. Then upgrade your X to the latest software and then try again to restore from a backup. This is how I got around the problem when I first tried to restore from the backup I had just done and I got a message that said my backup was corrupted or unavailable.
It was a major pain getting my new X restored and operating as I also had major issues with the old phone refusing to deactivate and the new one refusing to connect to ATT's network. It was well worth the effort in the end.

Kobel1up

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 14, 2012
Eastern Ohio
Thanks for the info. I started this process at1:30am and wasn’t thinking very clearly. Then I had a lapse in thought all day. I’m gonna do this tomorrow. Thanks again.

efuseakay

Contributor
Silver
Nov 11, 2008
Yeah I had to update the iPhone X which was on 11.0.1, to 11.1 before I could restore from my 7+ backup which was running 11.1.

Kobel1up

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 14, 2012
Eastern Ohio
Well I updated everything and still won’t allow me to do a restore from another backup. Says password is incorrect. I am using the same password and it won’t accept it.

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
I hope to be happy with it in the next few hours, I am going to drive a couple of hours to an Apple store and have one reserved for pick up when they open.

sstalk

Bronze
Mar 25, 2009
Lakeside, CA
Yeah I had to update the iPhone X which was on 11.0.1, to 11.1 before I could restore from my 7+ backup which was running 11.1.
I had to the same thing too. So it did take a little longer getting this one set up.
I didn’t read enough about it before I ordered it, so I didn’t know that I would lose the home screen rotation of the apps. That is a little disappointing. But I also love how beautiful the screen is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
I had to the same thing too. So it did take a little longer getting this one set up.
I didn’t read enough about it before I ordered it, so I didn’t know that I would lose the home screen rotation of the apps. That is a little disappointing. But I also love how beautiful the screen is.

See I’m happy about losing the home screen rotation, I could never find anything when it rotated.

sstalk

Bronze
Mar 25, 2009
Lakeside, CA
See I’m happy about losing the home screen rotation, I could never find anything when it rotated.
I think that is a good thing about most of us. There will be things that we all like, and sometimes those are things that some people don’t like. I think it makes this spheroid a better place.

efuseakay

Contributor
Silver
Nov 11, 2008

It’s a trade off I gladly made. I always have screen rotation locked. I’ll manually unlock it when watching vids. lol

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
yes I'm happy. The iPhone X is very cool.

Little things to get used to.

One thing I wish is that after face ID recognizes the user I don't see why it wouldn't just open to your home screen. The swipe up seems an unnecessary step. :confused: