Everyone happy?

Discussion in 'iPhone X' started by Baller, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Baller

Baller Member
    Bronze

Coming from the 7/8 plus models I was a little worried about the size but it seems to be the perfect fit. I had no issues with the plus models but this fits comfy.

Took a few attempts to get past not having a home button and a few other things but I’m loving it now. Of course I jumped on the Animojis they are kind of fun. I checked out the Face ID even though I don’t lock my phone and to work super fast. I can’t wait to see if the screen looks better in the sun as I got the phone too late from
    Fedex

2. Baller

Baller Member
    Bronze

Sorry don’t know how to edit the post but one annoying thing is I can’t see the battery percentage in the ears...not a huge deal, just been used to it for a while

3. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I'm happy now. I'm at the Annapolis Westgate Mall. I just cancelled my Nov 17-24 order and reserved my Space Gray 256GB X for pickup in two hours. I'm winning off the field today. :LOL:

4. Muckcityjustin

Gold

Yeah I am super happy with it. I was also kinda bummed about the battery percentage, you can see it in the control center though. Overall I'm very pleased. The screen is stunning in my opinion.

5. brdmsd

brdmsd Member
    Bronze

6. Ohmster

Ohmster Member
    Silver

Absolutely loving FaceID. Works like a charm, is quick, and has been very well integrated into a few apps already. I like not having to unlock with a touch in 1$Password now.

7. Kobel1up

Kobel1up Contributor
    Bronze

I like the Face ID but I’ve had some other issues trying to switch my iPhone 7+ to the x. I’ve done backups on the 7 and the x won’t take it. So I’m starting over and can’t find a way around it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

8. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

And in Lastpass! :)

9. iksn

iksn Member
    Silver

10. Kobel1up

Kobel1up Contributor
    Bronze

Thanks for the info. I started this process at1:30am and wasn’t thinking very clearly. Then I had a lapse in thought all day. I’m gonna do this tomorrow. Thanks again.

11. efuseakay

efuseakay Contributor
    Silver

Yeah I had to update the iPhone X which was on 11.0.1, to 11.1 before I could restore from my 7+ backup which was running 11.1.

12. Kobel1up

Kobel1up Contributor
    Bronze

Well I updated everything and still won’t allow me to do a restore from another backup. Says password is incorrect. I am using the same password and it won’t accept it.

13. shutter13

shutter13 Evangelist
    Gold

I hope to be happy with it in the next few hours, I am going to drive a couple of hours to an Apple store and have one reserved for pick up when they open.

14. sstalk

sstalk Member
    Bronze

I had to the same thing too. So it did take a little longer getting this one set up.
    I didn’t read enough about it before I ordered it, so I didn’t know that I would lose the home screen rotation of the apps. That is a little disappointing. But I also love how beautiful the screen is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. shutter13

shutter13 Evangelist
    Gold

See I’m happy about losing the home screen rotation, I could never find anything when it rotated.

16. sstalk

sstalk Member
    Bronze

I think that is a good thing about most of us. There will be things that we all like, and sometimes those are things that some people don’t like. I think it makes this spheroid a better place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. efuseakay

efuseakay Contributor
    Silver

It’s a trade off I gladly made. I always have screen rotation locked. I’ll manually unlock it when watching vids. lol

18. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius
    Gold

Extremely happy. This phone is badass!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. ednygma

ednygma Contributor
    Bronze

I am with Honda...Loving the X!