everyone please read.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ns3425

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
i say everyone should stop buying Apple products and also don't buy music from iTunes. make Apples sales go down because we got screwed fro 200 to 300 dollers on the iPhone.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Ah c'mon now, this is ridiculous!

You didn't get screwed, sucker punched maybe but not screwed!

=P

ns3425

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
i paid 500 dollars for a 4g and now a 8g is only 400 dollars i call that getting screwed don't u think?

Jun 26, 2007
i paid 500 dollars for a 4g and now a 8g is only 400 dollars i call that getting screwed don't u think?
i would call it getting screwed but you don't include the fact that you got to use the device for 2 months earlier than everyone else...
everyone knew the price was going to drop, and this was way early... but things happen

i think if you bought a 4 gig you got ripped off, but not an 8 gig

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
That is unfortunate, sorry bud.

Coulda been worse, they drop the price and then release a new iPhone with twice the memory and whatever else you wish for 600 bucks!

=P

No, but really, I'd be raging mad too in your situation, then again ida saved my money and sprung for the 8!

ns3425

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
well i guess your right. i paid 540 including tax for my 4gb. now the 8gb is 430. so i only payed 110 more for my phone. i don't care that i got 4gb less. so i guess its not that bad i only got screwed for 110 dollars.

Survivor61

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
yes it sucks I guess. I sent a text message to my wife (on my iPhone of course) hoping for some sympathy, and she just replied with HAHAHAHAH. Sheesh LOL

Maybe Apple will give me a small gift card for a reduced price on my new $3100.00 iMac I am gonna buy in Oct when Leopard comes out. Yep, I am upset a bit but not gonna ban Apple for it. I still like their products and will continue to buy them.

Redfor

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
Fort Knox, KY area
I Personally don't see it as getting screwed, I bought a 4 gig as well, and been debating on buying another just to upgrade to 8 gig, on the brighter side, its 200 cheaper to do that now.
When I saw the price drop Was kinda saddening, but hey, I could have waited... But decided to get in with the iFamily and have really enjoyed my iPhone and will continue to.
My personal thoughts is that Apple did this to screw the market, and it really makes me laugh. As of late if you been watching everything going on in the gadget world, some unknown company bought a crap load of touch screens, might have been Apple, might have been nokia.
Droping the prices on the phones does 2 things, well 3 if you count pissing off all the Loyal Apple customers..

1. Floods the market with iPhone BEFORE Nokia or any other company can release their iPhone Clone.

2. Since the iPhone is now a lot more affordable, it makes the up coming clones a lot harder to recoop their costs. They (The Clone makers) actually would have had it really good IF Apple would not have dropped the costs and captured a portion of Apples Market.

Unfortunately, If all the Loyal Apple customer leave, they will be replaced by those who waited and didn't buy first... And there's people like me who understand that things like this happen, of course, i didn't expect anything like this to happen this fast... But Anytime you buy a gadget when its first released you take a gamble any way you look at it, sometimes you loose, sometimes you win... Just this time we lost..

It saddens me to see Apple do this, but I still love my iPhone..

slingshot110

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
SF, CA
As an early adopter, I am not happy about the price decrease. The price drop definitely stung. That said, I have no plans to start boycotting Apple products. Fact is, I buy Apple products because they are truly better products and I'd be spiting myself if I chose to doom myself to the Windows world. HOWEVER, from this day forth, I WILL NOT make excuses for Apple's shortcomings. I WILL NOT spend any more time, effort, or energy convincing people to ditch Windows in favor of OS X. I WILL NOT point out how great the iPod is.

Apple will not lose me as a customer, they will just loose the free sales/marketing I've given them over the years.

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
I never bought anything from iTunes. I download my music illegally and I have a video converter to convert my DVDs. Plus, I sell these iPod and iPhone ripping softwares so in the end, Apple made me over $5000....
BUT, I will never ever buy Apple again. I'm with you, bro!

Status
Not open for further replies.