Everyone That modded......

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jun 7, 2007
Queens, NY
For everyone that modded their iPhone, meaning software, jailbreak, ringtones, apps...etc. I suggest that we all for the time being restore our iPhones to factory specs before thursday's "upcoming" update hits. If the new update does more than brick the unlocked iPhones and start to brick the just modded phones too....well....we'll have a $600 brick. Even though the iPhone dev team is working on a way to restore it once the update hits.....im not going to hold my breathe....tonight, I think I will restore....or just not choose to update until I know what happens when....But i rather restore and be safe than not restore and wait later and something happens where I would need to restore. Anyone else considering this?

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
For everyone that modded their iPhone, meaning software, jailbreak, ringtones, apps...etc. I suggest that we all for the time being restore our iPhones to factory specs before thursday's "upcoming" update hits. If the new update does more than brick the unlocked iPhones and start to brick the just modded phones too....well....we'll have a $600 brick. Even though the iPhone dev team is working on a way to restore it once the update hits.....im not going to hold my breathe....tonight, I think I will restore....or just not choose to update until I know what happens when....But i rather restore and be safe than not restore and wait later and something happens where I would need to restore. Anyone else considering this?
Why don't you just stay away from the update until the dev team comes up with a solution? I bet it will be ready in a matter of days. If not, who cares, Apple updates have a tendency to be a real letdown.

jbarrack

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
New York
www.facebook.com
I restored and im ready for the update ... but don't get me wrong, I have full intentions of moding again based on others success or failures in doing so with the new update. Honestly, to restore before every update is really no big deal. They don't come out every week, hell they don't even come out even every month ...

williamrob42

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
I agree with the restore. I had some problem with the mods. My phone got hot and battery life decreased. I had to send my phone back to Apple, after I restored. They sent it back new. Be careful I would restore. A new update is most likely in the works soon,:cool: