Everythig fine with new update?

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
come on man, really.

there are about 1000000 answers to that question in almost every thread..

for some reason i feel nice..
yes, the update WILL erase all of your modded applications and ALSO brick your phone IF you have unlocked it.

next time you get the search function -.-

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
Thanks, but on a side note, I don't have time to spend on this looking for posts with answers. I like to be notified directly via email when I get answers. I try not to take 3 rights to make a left if you catch my drift:laugh2:

SEARCH FUNCTION

Matt Random

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
Thanks, but on a side note, I don't have time to spend on this looking for posts with answers. I like to be notified directly via email when I get answers. I try not to take 3 rights to make a left if you catch my drift:laugh2:
So you prefer to waste the time of others? Since you don't have the patience to look for the answer go ahead and give the update a try. Then you'll have your answer.

albuilder

Aug 6, 2007
God give the guy a break. Why do you waste your time in here?

PolkieJoe

Jul 3, 2007
Ive got App Tapp and ringtones installed on my phone- just wondering if this update messes anything up on mods? Let me know if it does, so I don't update....thanks!
I would STRONGLY suggest not installing the update. I now own a BRICK. Apple is sending out a loaner and hopefully they will fix mine without much fuss...I HOPE!

ciaran00

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
Anyway,

If you like your third party apps, don't update. An unbricked phone after an update is not a guarantee for you, but it should work. The only thing you would lose (if not unlocked) is:
* Apps
* Ringtones
* That minty fresh feeling

And guys, it took me less than 30 seconds to type this...

ucla24

Bronze
Aug 17, 2007
Update your phone and find out.

ZodiacfreaK

Bronze
Jan 11, 2007
I pretty much agree with everyone else, there are a million threads/posts currently active right now that answer this very question, which I think would be quicker to access than making a new topic, but since you did I am going to ignore that and help you anyways. Basicly here is the rundown,
update 1.1.1 will remove apptapp and ANY 3rd party apps from your iPhone with the update. But all of your other data is preserved.
2nd, if your iPhone is SIM unlocked then your iPhone will be temporarily bricked.