EverythingiCafe Mobile Template Beta Discussion

Jun 16, 2008
Tinley Park, IL
is there a way to "mark fourm read" in the new way? I always like to start fresh when I veiw this site and I couldn't find that option on the mobile end of the site.

H

Hayesimus

i was startled when i saw this on my iPhone last night at work! lol but at a glance it seems to be alright. Haven't done anything with it though. Let you know soon how it goes.

Elbacanazo920

Bronze
Dec 23, 2007
Bronx, NY
Checked it out this morning, I'll play around with it at my lunch time but as of now just the way it looks is great but also It doesn't have the EIC home icon when you try to create it.

phsycology

Zealot
Gold
Dec 29, 2007
Bolton, United Kingdom
I think a very useful feature would be if the blue arrow underneath a thread leads to the first unread post rather than last post.

Cusca

Bronze
Apr 27, 2008
ROMANIA
www.cusca.3dk.org
does anybody else have this problem? i did not get any feedback, when i click on a thread it takes be back to the main section

H

Hayesimus

well I'm using it now. Is there not a way to get to either first unread or to select page numbers like on the regular site? All I see is next page and last page...

matt33263

Bronze
Jun 9, 2008
Texas
iPhoneTony is back... must be football season.;) You're in trouble this year! My Cowboys look super.
sorry not to get too off topic but yall are both wrong its all about the EAGLES!:D

jbarrack

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
New York
www.facebook.com
Dude this is awesome! Great work Chris. I have got to hand it to you. All we need is a webclip icon and were all set! Great job.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
I hate the new format. The old format button at the bottom of the screen does not work and the site keeps forcing me back to the new format on my iPhone. The site is practically useless on the iPhone in this state. Please fix this as its impossible to post or do anything on this site now via iPhone. I've seen the poll and know most people don't use their phone to access this site but jesus its ten times more difficult now to navagate. This is a deal breaker for me.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
I hate the new format. The old format button at the bottom of the screen does not work and the site keeps forcing me back to the new format on my iPhone. The site is practically useless on the iPhone in this state. Please fix this as its impossible to post or do anything on this site now via iPhone. I've seen the poll and know most people don't use their phone to access this site but jesus its ten times more difficult now to navagate. This is a deal breaker for me.
Me too. I can't stand the new format. Is it now working if we choose iPhone adfree?

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
Click on Old Version button on the bottom left.

God dammit the old version button DOES NOT WORK. I cant stay signed in and I cant post via mobile site. WHY IS THIS THE ONLY SITE ON THE NET THAT doesn't WORK? EVERY OTHER SITE WORKD FOR ME. The one damn place I WANT to visit, i cannot. Very disappointed. There was nothing wrong with the way it was. It is so exasperating to have to deal with such bullshit.

To FORCE me to use this site with a computer and not the iPhone is stupid. Is this not an iPhone site? Why are we "fixing" something that DOES NOT NEED FIXING?!

Am I the only person that is having this difficulty? WTF!?

Is there something wrong with my phone? I upgraded to 2.0.2 yesterday and jailbroke it with the new winpwn.. Not another site on the net is giving me this much trouble

Im so goddamn pissed off that I cant access this site I could spit nails!

Last edited by a moderator:
H

Hayesimus

uh, are you serious OJ? Chill out already. Chris wants help working out any bugs. I think you are taking it a little personally. :p

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
uh, are you serious OJ? Chill out already. Chris wants help working out any bugs. I think you are taking it a little personally. :p

Ok. You're right. I'm wrong to be so mad this early in the morning. I'm sorry. I am just so frustrated, though that I cant use my iPhone on this site. If Chris is in the process of working on this then I'm really sorry. I thought that he had finished and this is what I'm left with. It is 100% inoperable to me. I have to go to my laptop to post these posts......

Now, it could be my phone...I did just upgrade but not another site on the net is causing me such heartache. I just want to enjoy this place and people while I'm mobile...

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I think this is a cache issue. I'm using 2.0.2. If I get forced to the new mobile site, I've been able to select Old Template. Once in the old template, I'm able to browse around without issue. It's staying with the old template. I understand your frustration and I certainly don't dispute that it's happening to you.

You'll have to provide me some time to figure out a workaround. In the meantime, please clear out your cache.

It's odd because the "force" script is limited to the iPhone desktop template. Once you make your way to the new mobile site, there is no "force" script. Theoretically, you should be able to select the old template. Tested on Safari desktop and it worked.

We'll get it sorted out...

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
Sorry I'm acting like such a baby. But for the past 16 months or so EVERYTHINGICAFE has become such an important part of my daily life that I feel "cheated" when I cant socialize around here.

I feel like I missed my plane or something.............

I love this place. This is why I'm so animated about the issue.