EverythingiCafe Now Offers Facebook Connect

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
New and existing members now have access to Facebook Connect, allowing users to connect EIC with the largest social network in the world. Receive notifications, post status updates and more.

Existing members will need to logout and then login using Facebook Connect. When prompted to create a new nickname, do not. Instead, select the link that allows you to tie an existing username to your Facebook account. You'll then enter your forum username and password.

New members should follow this tutorial.

Please chime in if you either an existing member who has connected their account to Facebook or a new member who used our new Facebook Connect feature.

You can set your preferences regarding status updates and notifications within Facebook.

If you encounter any problems, please let me know. Enjoy the new connectivity!

Last edited:

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
I connected my accounts, but when I try to load the Everything iCafe application on Facebook it gives an "error loading page" message. I'm still a little confused as to how they're supposed to interact?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I tied the accounts but I can't seem to find the EverythingiCafe facebook application? Also, when I update my status on EiC, should it change the status on FB or no?

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
If you login here using Facebook Connect, you'll have the option to update your status. Let's say you enter Free App Friday. You can post your own status update..."Just entered to win a free iPhone app on iCafe". It's not likely that you'll want to post everything to Facebook, but it's a nice option that will allow you to extend your discussions beyond EIC. Your Facebook friends can comment or even select the link to EIC and use their Facebook login info to take part in your discussion.

You'll also receive notifications within Facebook. Let's say you create a new thread and you're chatting in Facebook. You can receive notifications within Facebook.

If you logged out of EIC, logged back in using Facebook Connect, associated your current username, then all this should be pretty seamless. As for the actual EverythingiCafe Facebook app, it's uses are limited to setting preferences for all the various interaction between EIC & your Facebook account. You can set your notifcations defaults, etc.