everythingiCafe Podcast

Discussion in 'Feedback and Site Help' started by chris, May 5, 2010.

1. chris

chris Administrator

An everythingiCafe podcast has forever been on the back burner. There were a number of things both at eiC and my other sites that took precedence. With the everythingiCafe app completed, the idea of an everythingiCafe podcast has just moved up the list. There are a few folks here that I've reached out to and have been gracious enough to join me on the first podcast. I've got everything I need in order to record it and hope to get it going soon.

If you should have any suggestions or ideas on what you'd like to hear from our podcast, this is the place to let us know. I'd like to make it fun and at times maybe we'll accidentally make it informative.

What would make you listen and subscribe?
  2. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

3. chris

chris Administrator

I hail from Long Island, so how about Long Island Iced Teas?
  4. KabaModern

KabaModern Zealot

You should try to incorporate different members into the podcasts. I'm pretty sure that would keep the interest to hear from other members.
  5. I tried that once on an empty stomach. Not good. I used my military credit card for them. :eek:k:eek:k
  6. dcom

dcom Zealot

Make it a video podcast and have everyone wear Nixon masks :)
  7. dcom

dcom Zealot

Seriously…

A segment where you answer user questions would be nice. How about doing a segment where you read the last ‘x’ news stories on the forum (x depends on how long you want the segment to run). Another thing may be to have an “iPhone/iPad Story of the Week”, or however often you plan on producing the show. The story would be an entertaining story where the iPhone played a big part whether it was to help someone do something or just something funny. You might also have a segment on an App or Tip Of The Week.
  8. chris

chris Administrator

Here's the press photo for the podcast.
    Point-Break-Presidents.jpg
  9. fury

fury Evangelist

Voice mailbox and/or guest hosts.

Just poll for a question on every podcast and have people send in a voice clip with their answer, and select one or two good ones to play and discuss on the show. Maybe if one of them is really good with their voicemail, invite them to appear as a guest on the show some time.

Reading selected listener email is good too, for those of us who can't articulate nearly as well as we can type.

I watch and listen to several shows that depend largely on listener questions, feedback, and answers even now as their podcasts are older.

Agreed, unless it'll be a standalone podcast (i.e. only related by name, and no mention of a link back to the site, so nobody who stumbles on it in iTunes would know what you're talking about). If it's going to be directly tied into the site/forums, then a member spotlight could be very fun. Select a member, ask them if they want to be featured in the spotlight, then incorporate them into a show somehow, for example by reading an email (autobiography? show topic? Q&A? dunno) which they submit if they don't want to speak, or have them as the guest on the podcast to talk about areas of iPhone/iPad stuff that interest them.
  10. chris

chris Administrator

All good suggestions. Once we're under way, we'll look at all of the above. Going to focus on the basics. Showing up and sound quality.:eek:k:eek:k
  11. Eragon

Eragon Zealot

How would you make this podcast differ from that of say the iPhone Blog? Would you invite co-hosts from other sites, points of view?
  12. chris

chris Administrator

Marianne has been gracious enough to join the first trainwreck and Dave has committed to taking part once his schedule eases up. Unfortunately, I will be a staple. I could be a terrible listen making you want to smash your iPhone against a wall to make the podcast stop. Past that, I have no plans to invite other guests, but that could change. We have to establish a format that works, one that's comfortable for us and for those of you kind enough to listen.

The only promise I can make is that we'll learn from each previous podcast and try to improve each go around.

Edit: I haven't talked to Tim, but it would certainly make sense if he took part at some time.
  13. canamera

canamera Zealot

I love the idea of a podcast!! I listen to other podcasts all the time while I'm working and driving...and, one from eiC would be the icing on the cake!!

Maybe info on Apple, and IOS devices, general discussions of gadgets, and discussions on rumors of the sort! Maybe even throw in a contest of some sort to get members involved too.

I'm really exited to hear how it goes....can't wait!!!
  14. I'd volunteer, but EiC members see enough of me already. :sneaky:
  15. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius

Relevant tech news and reviews would be awesome. Maybe a question and answer segment. And a member spotlight. Ok, and an occasional giveaway.
  16. Eragon

Eragon Zealot

These tech podcasts are a dime-a-dozen. I'd like to see this one succeed. The question becomes what can this podcast do that others aren't?

One possible difference is length of the podcast. An hour to get through all of the news is a bit much. Shorter podcasts; video youtube reviews of new devices/accessories; video demonstrations of ingenious solutions identified in the forums would be beneficial.

Chris, are you ready to take on Rene Ritchie, David Ciccone, Mickey Papillon? How do you successfully join their club?
  17. chris

chris Administrator

Marianne and I just finished Podcast 0.5. I plan on editing and uploading to iTunes tomorrow sometime. I'll be sure to let everyone know when it's available.

We did the podcast live, but purposefully did not promote it in case the wheels came off. Going forward, we'll allow for live chat and video. We'll also do Q&A from members and possibly some giveaways.
  18. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius

I'm loving it

Wait, is it free?

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe
  19. canamera

canamera Zealot

Can't wait to hear it!! I'm really exited:eek:k:eek:k
  20. Eragon

Eragon Zealot

Great work, Chris. Looking forward to hearing you and Marianne!