everythingiCafe Podcast

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
I love it! It's awesome, but try to shorten it, the heavily caffeine one was perfect! And to you this isn't probably useful, but the 3GS runs slower on 4.2. I have it. Keep'em commin!

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

{StatuSChecKa}

Contributor
Silver
Jul 7, 2010
NorCal
Hey congrats on the iTunes setup! I'll try it out at the Gym tonight.

Who exactly are the hosts? So i know who I am listening to. Anyone from here? How often is your podcast released? Will you try to release them on a reoccurring schedule.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Hey congrats on the iTunes setup! I'll try it out at the Gym tonight.

Who exactly are the hosts? So i know who I am listening to. Anyone from here? How often is your podcast released? Will you try to release them on a reoccurring schedule.
Right now, it's Marianne (macgirl) and myself.

We're going to try to record one each week. I'm also doing what I can to improve the quality of the broadcast and also do it live. Eventually, we'll get it all sorted out.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Hey, episode #2 "Heavily Caffeinated" is now up for download and should be in iTunes at any moment.
Listened to this one yesterday. Great job, both of you! I think you need to record one while Marianne is snowboarding. It sounds like she's got the technology for that. Or maybe do one while she is abseiling down a gigantic building. :)

Looking forward to more of these.

Last edited by a moderator:

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Thanks everyone! Normally, we record on Sunday and have it out by Monday. This week, we're pushing our schedule back so that we can fine tune the production a bit.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Forgot the most important part. If you have questions for the podcast, I'll have a number that you can call in and leave a question. We'll play back the questions during the podcast and do our best to answer them.

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
Chris- what would we search it under? I can only find it on my computer, and I'm never on it. So I need to use the iTunes on my iPhone. Any suggestions?

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Chris- what would we search it under? I can only find it on my computer, and I'm never on it. So I need to use the iTunes on my iPhone. Any suggestions?

You can find it under Podcasts -- listed as 'everythingicafe'.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Next week, we'll be featuring Q&A. Call in 646-820-3431 and leave us your questions.

When leaving your message, please know that those selected will be played back on a broadcast.

Please leave your name, hometown and your question.

We'll do our best to answer them during our next broadcast.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Really could use a few questions for the next podcast. It's a machine, so it's easy to call and leave your question.

The format is: Name and town along with your question.

Please note that if we select your question, you'll be heard on the podcast.

Call now: 646-820-3431

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
This week's podcast is now available both for download and via iTunes, Zune. You can also listen here.

Note: We are still figuring out the new audio gear, so while it is improved, my mic levels are lower than they should be. Good news is that I get muted out and you get to listen to more of Marianne. We'll get that corrected next week.

We also did this live and had one person on live chat. We'll schedule the next one in advance, so that you can join us at http://www.everythingicafe.com/live/

Last edited:

canamera

Zealot
Gold
Dec 28, 2009
Toronto Ontario, Canada
I tried to think of something to say for the show, but got nervous about listening to myself, so I chickened out! Sorry! I'm Going to need a couple of shots of JD... then just watch the words flow! Lol

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
Chris, I think the podcast is great! You and Marianne make an excellent team. I used to listen to bunches of podcasts but gave up on all of them a couple of years ago. Now this one is the only one I subscribe to. I particularly like "Teh Awesome” section since it gives me good ideas about what to get next :)

Irish Rose

Zealot
Sep 6, 2010
Chris, I just listened to my first Podcast! It was #3, "Bupkis", which I thought was very good. Listening to you, and Marianne, reminds me of the early morning radio show that I listen to each morning, on my drive in to work..... Your Podcast is something that a person can listen to once, and look forward to the next one....

A few things I would like to mention about #3 are; I agree with you, that iOS 4.2.1 was definitely bigger for iPad owners, than it was for iPhone users, due to the folders, and multitasking. Tell Marianne to get working on those folders! Sounds like doing so, would definitely be a plus for her..... One last thing, your parents, will love the iPad, I know my Aunt couldn't put mine down this past weekend.

Keep up the good work. I'll try to listen to your next one when I'm in my car, driving to work.....

PS: I was having a hard time putting your soft voice together, with the picture in your avatar..... Oh, and, as long as Dallas isn't playing against the Eagles, I hope they win their next game, lol....

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app