eWallet Now Available in the App Store ($9.99)

princess_80854

Silver
Jul 16, 2007
eWallet is now in the App Store. Go here for quick access.

eWallet is a secure, convenient storage for your most important personal info: credit cards, passwords, PINS and much more.

Here is a video demonstration of the app.

-Image Courtesy of Applehound

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Finally! Apple had this stuck in the queue forever.

This has been my favorite password manager app for years on Palm and Windows Mobile - great app ...

princess_80854

Silver
Jul 16, 2007
Thanks, I downloaded it. Until they get sync working, is there a way to transfer wallet from PC to iPhone?

Thanks,
Krip

You're welcome. But, as of now, there is no way to do that. You'll have to re-enter everything manually.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
You're welcome. But, as of now, there is no way to do that. You'll have to re-enter everything manually.
And Apple wonders why we want C/P. I just purchased eWallet and it is a wonderful program, but a pain to have to type countless items that could have been done via C/P.

plasmo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
side-by-side comparison review of SplashID and eWallet would be nice...
i'm guessing that when eWallet desktop comes out it will be around $20 as well...

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008
Sunny, southern California.
Does anyone know if eWallet has the ability to prompt for a password each time before opening the app?

The reason is I'm constantly letting people look and play with my iPhone. I just don't want them to tap on eWallet and snoop around.

NEVER MIND: I found the answer by watching the video demonsration.

Jun 16, 2008
Tinley Park, IL
yes it does if you exit the program from within your wallet. If you exit the program from the show all wallets page, it will show the names of the wallets but will not let anyone access the wallet without a password. It's a great program that's saved my ass a number of times.

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
Here's a MacWorld review on three (LockBox, eWallet, and SplashID) of these "secret keeper" type programs. SplashID always wins out in every head-to-head comparison I've seen and read.

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008
Here's a MacWorld review on three (LockBox, eWallet, and SplashID) of these "secret keeper" type programs. SplashID always wins out in every head-to-head comparison I've seen and read.
Does anyone have any opinions on "Memengo Wallet"? It definitely doesn't have the sexy UI that Illium has, but what about functionality?

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
Does anyone have any opinions on "Momento Wallet"? It definitely doesn't have the sexy UI that Illium has, but what about functionality?
Do you have alink for Momento Wallet? I can't find anything about it.

Jun 16, 2008
Tinley Park, IL
Ok, I read the review, but what I'm not getting is that splash crashed on the guy and is less customizable, but he gave it the best rating because it syncs with your computer? So does/will ewallet with their software that they will give you for free if you email them your iTunes receipt for ewallet and ewallet is not hard at all to set up or use.... maybe for an idiot, but any computer literate person can use it no problem... oh well.

MileHighRob

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
Oops! That's probably because I spelled it wrong. It's "Memengo" and is available in the AppStore. Here is a link to their public site.
Thanks eye... I actually found it this evening. I t has certainly gotten favarable reviews at the app store. For .99 you can't go wrong testing it. I have to agree with you though the eWallet UI does look real sexy.

Ok, I read the review, but what I'm not getting is that splash crashed on the guy and is less customizable, but he gave it the best rating because it syncs with your computer? So does/will ewallet with their software that they will give you for free if you email them your iTunes receipt for ewallet and ewallet is not hard at all to set up or use.... maybe for an idiot, but any computer literate person can use it no problem... oh well.
After further research I believe SplashID has been around a long time and has earned a loyal following but that doesn't necessarily make it a better functioning prog for the iPhone. I've decided to purchase eWallet instead because it seems to have gotten better reviews afterall. I've read a few too many concerns over SplashID's syncing ability and bugs causing it to crash which are deal breakers for me. Besides eWallet just looks like it belongs on the iPhone.

gotzaiPhone

Zealot
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
Tinley Park, IL
After further research I believe SplashID has been around a long time and has earned a loyal following but that doesn't necessarily make it a better functioning prog for the iPhone. I've decided to purchase eWallet instead because it seems to have gotten better reviews afterall. I've read a few too many concerns over SplashID's syncing ability and bugs causing it to crash which are deal breakers for me. Besides eWallet just looks like it belongs on the iPhone.

I'm sure you'll love it. I had 1password for a while, but eWallet blew that out of the water. It just looks so.... finished and functions great too!

Here's another nice thing about eWallet. Lets say you get ALL that info typed in and backup the phone after that and then lose/get stolen/need replaced your iPhone.... well as long as you set up the new iPhone from your backup, you will get all that info back! Its saves the info in the backup file. I'm on 3G #3 right now (eWallet was on #1) and I still have all the info in my eWallet that I originally put in there.

Set the phone up as new though, you will not get that info back as its saved in the backup and not the actual app that would be accessible to any phone you sync to that specific iTunes.

Just thought you'd like to know that.

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008
I've read a few too many concerns over SplashID's syncing ability and bugs causing it to crash which are deal breakers for me.
It appears that SplashID has a 30-day trial period for their desktop version, and a 60-day money-back guarantee for the desktop version. That should give anyone enough time to find out if it works on your wireless network and sync's properly.

I'm still torn between eWallet, Memengo, and SplashID. I'm leaning toward SplashID and will probably start trying out their trial version tomorrow.