Excel docs on iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by rom x, Mar 18, 2012.

1. rom x

rom x Zealot
    Gold

I use an excel doc that I keep in my Dropbox that I am constantly changing from many locations. Question is my iPad won't let me make changes. Is their free app that will allow me to make changes?

2. rom x

rom x Zealot
    Gold

Never mind I found the answer. Documents to go is what I need

3. eye-Fone

eye-Fone Zealot
    Gold

Try "CloudOn". It preserves most formatting and charts/graphs, etc. and it's Dropbox compatible!

4. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Thanks, this is something I didn't realise I actually needed ha ha. :)

5. eye-Fone

eye-Fone Zealot
    Gold

The only drawback of this app is that you have to be online to use it. So, if you are in an airplane with no connectivity, you're out of luck. :(

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I just installed Quickoffice Pro HD. I am very impressed. It's very intuitive and makes editing and syncing Office documents with DropBox a piece of cake. It's $20, but it's worth it, IMO.

7. eye-Fone

eye-Fone Zealot
    Gold

In addition to my CloudOn app, I want to purchase another MS Office-compatible app for offline use. I've read many reviews on "Documents to Go" vs "QuickOffice" and many of them say that Documents to Go preserves more formatting than QuickOffice. Do you have any opinion on this?

–
    Sent from my iPad 3

8. rom x

rom x Zealot
    Gold

well i got doc to go. and it runs very badly on my ipad3 not sure i wanna blow another 20+dlls to try quickoffice pro hd. i may have to go to the Apple store to see if they have an answer cause it sure not running smooth here. if you wanna try something eles i suggs you try quick office pro hd.

9. Target

Target Evangelist
    Gold

Sorry for your experience. I run Docs-to-Go on my iPad 2 without any trouble whatsoever. I use it daily and sync to cloud services.

Target

Sent from my iPhone 4 using iCafe app

10. rom x

rom x Zealot
    Gold

i think what i will do is i will put up a youtube video this weekend of my ipad and how god awful it runs excel docs. i can't even scroll or zoom in without a ton of checker boarding and data not reformatting to were it is suppose to be. their may be something wrong with my ipad i don't know. that's why i may pay a visit to my local Apple store and see if they have a solution to my problem. i hope it's okay to post my youtube video here?

11. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

rom x, posting the video here is fine. You could try to get a refund from Apple and then get Quick Office Pro HD. It's rare that they give refunds, but it might be worth a shot to try.

eye-Fone, I haven't used used Documents to Go so I can't comment on that. I just do a little bit of Word document creating/editing and it worked and synced beautifully.

12. Mommy

Mommy Zealot
    Gold

Onlive is free today... Just incase someone wants to try it. I just downloaded it...

13. rom x

rom x Zealot
    Gold

at this point I will try anything that is free. I really don't wanna take it back. right now I am swamped at work. But I will definitely do the video this sat. And see if someone here has a solution and I will also go to the genius store before I take it back. that way no one cant say I didn't at least try. And thanks everyone for your input.

14. Mommy

Mommy Zealot
    Gold

online is just for the iPad, it does excel, word... It's Microsoft compatible. Good luck!

15. rom x

rom x Zealot
    Gold

Thanks mommy I could sure use all the luck I can get right now :)

16. eye-Fone

eye-Fone Zealot
    Gold

I don't get it. Using that app, there is no easy way to create a Word doc, save it so that I can use it on my desktop once I get to my office. Heck, I can't even receive an email with a Word doc as an attachment and view it with this Onlive app. It should at least let you save it to Dropbox or Skydrive.

17. Mommy

Mommy Zealot
    Gold

Hi, apparently there is. This app is getting excellent reviews because it can save the word and excel and powerpoint in a office format and now Microsoft got wind of it and they are trying to work out an agreement. I guess all we have to do it sign up for an Onlive account and download it to a computer and it syncs it....I am going to try it. Free is better than me paying 19.99 for Docs to go, in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad2 using iCafe app

18. eye-Fone

eye-Fone Zealot
    Gold

I installed the iPad app and it wasn't intuitive as to how to sync to a PC.

Even so, I need to share a document with others (vendors, customers, etc) and most of them use the popular Dropbox and SkyDrive cloud services.

–
    Sent from my iPad 3

19. Al Vila

Al Vila Member
    Bronze

agreed just got it myself I think better than doc to go

20. Mommy

Mommy Zealot
    Gold

ok, sorry. I have no clue what Dropbox is, although everyone on here talks about it.