Exchange Account Present Means Erasing Personal Calendar Items?

Sculder

Dec 26, 2007
I've set up my exchange account for work (works great by the way). So now I have my work emails coming through. I tried to switch on my work exchange calendar. I got the message "Existing calendars will be removed from your iPhone" with a 'sync' or 'cancel' button.

Will this erase my personal calendar items? Or when I get home and re-sync it with my home outlook calendar will it just add my personal calendar items back? Is it temporary, or can they not both co-exist?

Anyone else run into this? And yes before anyone asks I did search the forums first :laugh2:

Sculder

Dec 26, 2007
Ok, since I'm not hearing any feedback on this forum, I did some searching on other forums.

From what I can gather is YES it will wipe your calendar and contacts clean when you decide to use Exchange calendar and contacts. NO you can't get it back even with a sync. You basically have it one way or the other.

However, Apples new MobileMe service will support both personal calendars, contacts and Exchange. It's the ONLY way to have both set up on the same phone.

Sculder

Dec 26, 2007
Thanks Sculder for answering my question! :)

djv72

Mar 4, 2008
Sculder, I did see that when I added my work (exchange) email to my iPhone that my calendar and contacts would be erased. So, I am just syncing my work email. I am a small businesss owner and I just created an exchange hosted account on sherweb.com it's $8.95/month and supports the iPhone.