exchange brick phone for new one

coolie

Bronze
Sep 18, 2007
so i have a bricked 4gb iPhone. it doesn't turn on. if i bring it to the Apple genius, how would they replace it? they don't make 4gb anymore.

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
They may give you another 4GB model. They still have some laying around - there were even some in the Special Sales section of their website a few days ago.

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
so i have a bricked 4gb iPhone. it doesn't turn on. if i bring it to the Apple genius, how would they replace it? they don't make 4gb anymore.
I was standing in the Apple store next to a guy with a 4GB. His was a goner. The genius replaced it, on the spot, with another 4GB.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Or you might send it in, i've heard on several accounts of people sending their phones into Apple and magically returning with 4 more gigs of space!;)

Joker

Aug 1, 2007
Or you might send it in, i've heard on several accounts of people sending their phones into Apple and magically returning with 4 more gigs of space!;)
I wish they would have done that for me a week ago.I sent in a 4gb brick and they sent me a new/refurb 4gb.I have heard of them sending some people back a new 8gb,but I can't really complain since they replaced it.