Exchange Functionality

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by coop1701, Dec 23, 2013.

1. coop1701

coop1701 Zealot
    Silver

I use at Exchange for my work email. It's always worked well in the past. I noticed on the later version of iOS7 and 7.1. I no longer have the ability to sync individual folder. It use to be along with the Normal Inbox, any folder I had in My Lotus Notes, I could take them in the App to also update with the inbox.

Because I have so many rules in my email to send things to route things to specific folders. It's killing me tracking emails from customers.

Does anyone know if it's my setup or possibly this function was moved somewhere else?

2. coop1701

coop1701 Zealot
    Silver

Never mind guys... I found it. I'm a idiot.

3. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

What was the fix? I use exchange email (my entire life is on it unfortunately) so any pointers before we all eventuallly upgrade to the non-beta version of 7.1.

I have multiple rules setup also, as we have a few departments at work which for some reason decide to email everyone in each group (thoroughly annoying) so I combat this with rules.

4. coop1701

coop1701 Zealot
    Silver

I was thinking the folder sync options was under the actual email account. It's not and I lost the functionality after I updated to 7.1 Beta 2.

It's still there, it's under Mail, Fetch New Data and then go to your Exchange Account. Once you hit it. You will see all your folders, even folders inside folders, which is how I organize some of my Departmental emails. That's the point were you can decide which folders you want to sync in addition to the Main Inbox.

5. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

So did this affect all your setup when you updated to 7.1? As in did you have to redo everything again? That's a massive pain...

6. coop1701

coop1701 Zealot
    Silver

Only that. I missed 3 or 4 important emails and it made me turn off my email rules until I figured it out. :)