Exchange of 28 week phone for 49 week

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Paul830

Bronze
Aug 13, 2007
Cleveland, OH
Hi everyone...

My original iPhone mfg. week 28 was powering down on it's own. I'd find it off and locked up. I'd try a two finger soft restore, sometimes it would work other times it would take a half hour or so to decided to come back to life. So, I took it back to the Apple store to find out what could be done. I must say the Genius bar tech was great. The two hour wait to see them wasn't. They replaced my 28 week mfg. phone with a new 49 week model. I was very happy until I downloaded my pictures and videos. The quality of the display is IMHO night and day. The color, sharpness and contrast on the "old" phone was awesome, the new phone just average / so so... Needless to say I'm happy that the phone seems "stable" but I sure do want my original display back! Anyone else have this issue? If this has been posted/discussed I did not find it on search. Happy Holidays, Paul

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
I think there was a problem with some of the manufactured iPhones with screen clarity issues. Take it back to them and see if they will replace it. It would be even better if you could take someone else's older iPhone with you to show the difference.

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
Got my phone on iDay, the screen is incredible. Got my mom's around 2 months later, and hers is washed-out miserably. You can especially tell if you've had a good one for a while. I wonder how many people with iPhones have washed-out quality, and don't even know what they could be having?