Exchange policy (4-5 small dots inside of glass)?

mdfuller

Sep 29, 2007
Hi folks! I bought a new iPhone Sat after my T-Mobile agreement was finally over. I am loving the phone, but I have one small complaint. There are like 4-5 small dots in the upper right corner. These are not dead or stuck pixels, but almost like small bubbles under the glass of the phone. They are only the size of a pencil point, but very annoying nonetheless. I read that people have been getting charged 10% for exchanging faulty iPhone's? This is very disturbing if it is true. Can anyone verify or dispel these rumors? I am loving the iPhone, but I am telling you right now I will not pay 10% to return a faulty product. Thanks much!

Dawgfan

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Hi folks! I bought a new iPhone Sat after my T-Mobile agreement was finally over. I am loving the phone, but I have one small complaint. There are like 4-5 small dots in the upper right corner. These are not dead or stuck pixels, but almost like small bubbles under the glass of the phone. They are only the size of a pencil point, but very annoying nonetheless. I read that people have been getting charged 10% for exchanging faulty iPhone's? This is very disturbing if it is true. Can anyone verify or dispel these rumors? I am loving the iPhone, but I am telling you right now I will not pay 10% to return a faulty product. Thanks much!
I personally would return it. My first one bricked on me and I took it back and when they were replacing it I made them let me look at it before they activated it to ensure it had no dead pixels that I could see.

The question I would ask is if when you bought the phone it stated in the specs that it came with those dots.. I am being half sarcastic but only half. You paid good $$ for a phone and you deserve to get what you paid for. Would you have paid 100% of the retail price for a flawed iPhone?

mdfuller

Sep 29, 2007
I personally would return it. My first one bricked on me and I took it back and when they were replacing it I made them let me look at it before they activated it to ensure it had no dead pixels that I could see.

The question I would ask is if when you bought the phone it stated in the specs that it came with those dots.. I am being half sarcastic but only half. You paid good $$ for a phone and you deserve to get what you paid for. Would you have paid 100% of the retail price for a flawed iPhone?
Thanks for the reply Dawgfan. I agree and appreciate the sanity check. Are they going to charge me 10% for swapping for another iPhone though?

Dawgfan

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Thanks for the reply Dawgfan. I agree and appreciate the sanity check. Are they going to charge me 10% for swapping for another iPhone though?
I am pretty sure the restocking fee is if you return the phone, not exchange it.

I think what you want to do is exchange the phone for one with a non-faulty screen. If they give you any trouble, be as nice as you possibly can and ask to speak to a manager. If it came to that, I would explain to the manager that the phone was not advertised as a beautiful screen with some dots in the corner and that it was not sold to me as a iPhone but with random dots in the corner and that all you want is to get what you THOUGHT you were paying for.. A non-faulty, as-it-should-be iPhone.

Funny thing is that if I end up selling my iPhone due to this 3P apps thing, I can actually get good money for it in that I can say that it has a perfect screen (and has for a couple of months, has never been modded and has always been in a case. If I were buying an iPhone right now I would almost feel more comfortable buying one that has survived intact in the wild for a while.

Good Luck.:cool: