Exchange server on iOS5

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
Hey Guys, since updating to iOS5. I have been seeing a issue with my Work Email. It's through Lotus Notes and set up as Exchange on my phone. It use to be I would always get email on my Phone before they popped up on my Screen in the office. Now it seems to be running behind.

However that's not my issue. The issue is no matter if I used my Computer or Phone to delete a email. It always updated the other. It seems that iOS5 no longer does that. If I view a message on my PC it no longer marks as read on my Phone. Same thing with Deleting a email. It does not matter if I use my PC or Phone, it never updates the other.

I just wondered if anyone else using a Exchange setup was seeing this.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I've been using an Exchange account for some time and it works the same way as an IMAP account would. If I read and email on my phone it's marked as read on my works PC and personal laptop - same with deletion.

I think it may depend on how your Exchange Server is setup.

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
We haven't made it changes to the servers in house. No new updates from Lotus.
The only change has to be my phone with iOS5. I even deleted my exchange account and added it back. But still doesn't perform correctly. It never updates on my phone correctly until I open my mail to Lotus Notes.

Before it cleared new messages and deleted them without a issue. It just adds a step. No biggy. But I liked it staying synced without having to go into mail on my phone.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
We haven't made it changes to the servers in house. No new updates from Lotus.
The only change has to be my phone with iOS5. I even deleted my exchange account and added it back. But still doesn't perform correctly. It never updates on my phone correctly until I open my mail to Lotus Notes.

Before it cleared new messages and deleted them without a issue. It just adds a step. No biggy. But I liked it staying synced without having to go into mail on my phone.
I've never used Lotus Notes so I can't assist further sorry. I've always used Outlook or Mail on both Windows and Mac. It's always worked great.

You will probably need to enable some silly little setting to have everything sync as you do it i.e reading an email on the phone will mark an email as read on your PC.

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
Thanks for your help anyway. I appreciate it Bud.
I'll check with my IT dept too, maybe there is a setting I'm missing somewhere.