Exchangeable iPhone...timeframe?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jul 15, 2007
MA
So I bought my first original iPhone 3 weeks ago but I did an exchange about 10 days ago. The phone I received has horrible call quality, dropping calls with full signal, new voicemails with no missed calls, all this happens in stationary areas where my old 8525 would perform with flying colors. Will they still exchange it for me if I have my receipt from the last time I exchanged it? I do not want to drive 2 hours away (again) to get this problem solved if they cant....

Thank you!

chefj

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
I was having simular issues with my first iPhone. They switched it out no prob. they said it was a sim card issue but my believe is that it was not a full activation when i did it on day one.

You might try having them activating it in the store with you if you have a laptop that your stuff is on. Hope that helps

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
So I bought my first original iPhone 3 weeks ago but I did an exchange about 10 days ago. The phone I received has horrible call quality, dropping calls with full signal, new voicemails with no missed calls, all this happens in stationary areas where my old 8525 would perform with flying colors. Will they still exchange it for me if I have my receipt from the last time I exchanged it? I do not want to drive 2 hours away (again) to get this problem solved if they cant....

Thank you!

With those kinds of issues they will most likely tell you it needs to be sent out to be checked out by Apple engineers. If I were in your case being that far from an Apple store I would just call Apple and send it through them...the process takes only a few days and you can rent a phone for a small fee.

You mention new VM with no missed calls...this is not a problem...when you receive a new phone after exchanging one, for some reason the new iPhone downloads EVERY VM you received since activiating the initial iPhone.

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
the 14 day return policy is just if you uwant to return the phone for good and end service.
It's my understanding if you bring with a defect before the 14 day mark, you phone is just replaced with a new one immediately. If you come in with a problem after the 14 day mark, you're phone will be sent off for repair.

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
It's my understanding if you bring with a defect before the 14 day mark, you phone is just replaced with a new one immediately. If you come in with a problem after the 14 day mark, you're phone will be sent off for repair.

100% false...i know for a fact that this is untrue. The 14 day period is just for complete returns.

As time goes on and more and more people try to return their phones for new ones that are perfectly fine, Apple has and will continue to explain that they are not eligible for an immediate replacement, first they must send the phone to Apple engineers for inspection.

Street

Jul 26, 2007
Alexander said:
Yep.

hehe, i'm on my third iPhone. First one had No Wifi after 48hours, they gave me new one at the store. Second time was 3 weeks later with a touch screen error so they sent it off. I got another new phone in the mail 2 days later and a statement under warranty.

The second time there, the Genius Bar clerk told me if it hadn't been more than 14 days they would have given me another one right then and there.