exchanged iPhone and much better performance!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

iphonenotify

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
I exchanged my iPhone today because of some dead pixels. So far with my new iPhone I have been getting better performance of edge and better battery. Also I have been getting no lag when I type the letters. Battery lasts like 10 times longer. Any ideas why?

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
I exchanged my iPhone today because of some dead pixels. So far with my new iPhone I have been getting better performance of edge and better battery. Also I have been getting no lag when I type the letters. Battery lasts like 10 times longer. Any ideas why?
Did you visit an Apple or AT&T store?

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I haven't experienced anything worth having to return my phone for exchange yet. You guys are scaring me with these horror stories.

DRabbit

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Can you be specific what kind of battery life you were getting before?
and what kind of life now?

I get some lag when typing but I only when I'm going fast :)

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
when you exchange and witch SIM cards do all your contacts and stuff carry over to the new iPhone? ive been wordering this for a while. i know that regular phones have all the contact info and everything on the sim card but im not sure with the iPhone?

RyanFavre

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Milwaukee
I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I haven't experienced anything worth having to return my phone for exchange yet. You guys are scaring me with these horror stories.
Its not really a horror story as long as you have an Apple store with in a decent distance of you. They swap the sims and when you sync the new iPhone its like you have the same iPhone minus the bugs.

Even if you think its just an annoying problem (safari crashing) i would advise you to setup an appointment at the genius bar at your local Apple store. The exchange isn't much hassle and you spent 600 bucks on the thing, it should work correctly.

RyanFavre

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Milwaukee
when you exchange and witch SIM cards do all your contacts and stuff carry over to the new iPhone? ive been wordering this for a while. i know that regular phones have all the contact info and everything on the sim card but im not sure with the iPhone?

Yes the contacts and such are saved to the iPhone's sim card.

Kev1000000

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
My keyboard gets REALLY slow in landscape mode in safari sometimes. Is this what you are referring to when you say "keyboard lag?"

My battery life isn't the greatest either. I think I'll take mine back, might as well.

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
My keyboard gets REALLY slow in landscape mode in safari sometimes. Is this what you are referring to when you say "keyboard lag?"

My battery life isn't the greatest either. I think I'll take mine back, might as well.
i think that only happens when the page is still loading

Standog

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
One thing I found is that I was having some issues with my Yahoo Push email and emails being sent multiple times or not sent at all. I did a restore. It downloaded new software from Apple and since then, all has worked wonderfully.

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
Mine does it when the page is fully loaded as well.
hm sometimes when i type REALLY fast not even in safari it starts lagging do you type really fast? i have experienced lag on safari with the keyboard with regular speed typing but i just didn't notice if a page was loading or not thats why i suggested that

lucky8926

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
Central IL
I've read that several people have had problems and eventually had to exchange their phones. If all the stores are supposedly "sold out" how are people exchanging them? Are the stores required to keep a certain amount in stock for exchanges im guessing?

Kev1000000

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
hm sometimes when i type REALLY fast not even in safari it starts lagging do you type really fast? i have experienced lag on safari with the keyboard with regular speed typing but i just didn't notice if a page was loading or not thats why i suggested that
My lag makes it so that when I press the key, it doesn't register for like 2 seconds. It makes it almost impossible to type. This only happens in landscape mode though, and only on a few pages.

RyanFavre

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Milwaukee
oh ok just wondering because also when i did reformat my iiPhone the first day it did erase all my contacts and such. i guess it reformats the sim card too?

Hmmm, i'm not sure. All I know is when I exchanged my iPhone for a new one they swapped the sim cards. After activating my new iPhone, I looked at my contacts before syncing it and they were all there.

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
Hmmm, i'm not sure. All I know is when I exchanged my iPhone for a new one they swapped the sim cards. After activating my new iPhone, I looked at my contacts before syncing it and they were all there.
alright cool my main worry was when i had to replace it for the battery figuring by then i would have tons of contacts and info and wiping them all out would be a bummer

jda182

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
what do you have to do if you don't have an Apple store anywhere close to you? can you take it to an AT&T store?

iphonenotify

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007

yes, this is exactly what I was talking about! Now my keyboard is so reponsive. I haven't had any lag at all since I exchanged. Also, the battery life is quite litterally 3 times as long. No joke. Maybe the first phone I got had bad batteries. I would go on safari for 20 minutes and my battery would have 2/3 left. I have been on safari for a while now and I still have perfect battery! There is a big difference! If you feel like you battery is acting this way, please exchange. It is so worth it, even if it is only a software issue.

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
what do you have to do if you don't have an Apple store anywhere close to you? can you take it to an AT&T store?
well when i called Apple to see if i can get mine replaced they told me i MUST do it at the place i brought it from (att) and there Apple store will not take it which i thought was a little strange since i thought that Apple handles all the hardware issues and att handled all the service issues