Exchangeing For a New One

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Paulshaqz

Jul 14, 2007
ok this might be a dumb question but even tho its been past 14 days and lets say you want exchange the iPhone for a new one is that possibal or will i get denied and they will say ship it to Apple ?

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
ok this might be a dumb question but even tho its been past 14 days and lets say you want exchange the iPhone for a new one is that possibal or will i get denied and they will say ship it to Apple ?
As covered in a thread that's on this same front page, from just hours ago,
NO, you can't return it.
You can go to Apple, though. They are kind and understanding. AT&T are tards and vampires. They don't know, and/or don't care, and they want some money. lol

Paulshaqz

Jul 14, 2007
As covered in a thread that's on this same front page, from just hours ago,
NO, you can't return it.
You can go to Apple, though. They are kind and understanding. AT&T are tards and vampires. They don't know, and/or don't care, and they want some money. lol

yeah i no AT&T wont do nothing but i no some guys gave thers back at Apple n got new ones but im just not sure if Apple wood do this after the 14 day period

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
yeah i no AT&T wont do nothing but i no some guys gave thers back at Apple n got new ones but im just not sure if Apple wood do this after the 14 day period
You have a 1-year warranty, and they will fix it. If you have an Apple store nearby, go see 'em.
What's wrong with the phone, anyway?

Paulshaqz

Jul 14, 2007
You have a 1-year warranty, and they will fix it. If you have an Apple store nearby, go see 'em.
What's wrong with the phone, anyway?

possibal dead pixels but cant hardly tell and on top of speaker it shows the inside light its like a long strip of it other then that it works fine

princess_80854

Silver
Jul 16, 2007
You can always just take it in to an Apple store and have a tech look at it. You have nothing to lose by doing that. They should be able to tell you if there is a problem with it or not.

Paulshaqz

Jul 14, 2007
You can always just take it in to an Apple store and have a tech look at it. You have nothing to lose by doing that. They should be able to tell you if there is a problem with it or not.

yeah thats true i just wanted to get a secont up opinion befor i acully do anything but thanks for your guys help :)

Martlet

Bronze
Jul 11, 2007
Sounds like he's talking about backlight leakage around the case edges from a less than perfect fit.

I don't know if that's considered a manufacturing defect or not. Take it in and ask them.

As for dead pixels, I haven't seen anything from Apple saying what an acceptable number of dead/stuck pixels is considered a manufacturing defect.

If Apple hasn't said anything on these two issues publicly, then chances are the Apple store Genius staff doesn't know either, so it could be hit or miss if they'll replace a fully functional iPhone for a bit of backlight not being completely blocked by the case, or for a pixel that doesn't work.