Exchanging for a different color tomorrow at an Apple Store?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

john_T

Silver
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
Is it possible for me to exchange my black 4s for a white one at an Apple Store tomorrow? I ordered via ATT.com and fortunately it will be delivered early tomorrow.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
You MIGHT be able too, but you'll have to wait in line with the others. I too would call tonight and see what that say. Wouldn't want to wait in line for hours only to find out they don't have what you want.

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app

john_T

Silver
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
Aaaaaand the first appointment available is on Saturday morning and I have a 1 PM train back to school that day. Actually I don't think any appointments are available at all considering it's a big launch day.

Jmbaker429

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 28, 2010
Florida
yeah probably nothing available. and they will probably sell out in a few hours. but you could go up there and hang around and maybe someone would trade with you that wants a different color also. or spray paint, that works too. :)

Booyow1204

Contributor
Silver
Jul 14, 2010
Las Vegas
They'd probably accommodate you, but I'd imagine those who are waiting to buy one might have a higher priority, I'm pretty sure they'll be strapped for units, but good luck! Let us know.

john_T

Silver
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
Update: I decided to keep my black 4S in the end. However, my sister ordered a 16 GB and wanted a 32 GB instead. So she called a few hours after ordering last Friday and they said she should be good, and like I told her, she would get the 16 GB in the mail still. So she went to the ATT store yesterday night, waited on line for about half an hour, and exchanged it for a white 32 GB.

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
From what I heard, most stores in my area, Alaska, had plenty and were not expecting to sell out on lAunch day. I got mine at a mall by showing up at 740 am, 30th in line, and out the door by 840. I was in another mall later in the day where there was an AT&T kiosk, and at 3 in the afternoon, they still had phones and no line in sight.

jaydoc1

Contributor
Silver
Sep 23, 2007
I would guess that the vast majority of people pre-ordered to avoid waiting in lines. That frees up an awful lot of handsets for brick and mortar shops. Plus, unless you are in a high population density urban center, the chances are even better that your local wireless shop will have handsets.