exchanging iPhone 4

jd4537

Bronze
Jul 12, 2010
when exchanging your iPhone 4 for a new one are they giving a brand new one or returns from another customer?

Jan 16, 2009
Mississippi
Hard to say at this point. Probably new, especially if they have made minor hardware adjustments.

jd4537

Bronze
Jul 12, 2010
Brand new. What sense would the latter be?
as if one tries to order iPhone 4 now, the ship dates are delayed - so i assume they either fixing this by slowing production etc

jd4537

Bronze
Jul 12, 2010
as if one tries to order iPhone 4 now, the ship dates are delayed - so i assume they either fixing this by slowing production etc

if they giving us refurbed units then they have to disclose that to us ..guess wait for the conference tomorrow and if they have no solution then return this unit and wait a few months to get another one

ITS ME DAVID

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 8, 2010
L.A C.A
I'm sending mine off to Apple tomorrow hopefully it's the new models.

reginaalear

Bronze
Jun 21, 2010
Western Kentucky
I sent mine back in yesterday. They told me I would get a new one, but I'm not sure because I thought it would be refurb to. I was also told that the replacement phones actually go through more testing than the ones you order. That's what the Apple tech told me. They don't know when i'll get my new one though because I was told 4 days, 30 days, 2 weeks then I was told that any issues that does not affect you being able to talk on your phone, in my case the camera, is put on lowest priority. That from the Apple tech. I'm hoping she's wrong though.

jsntrenkler

Zealot
Silver
Sep 22, 2008
Tucson Arizona
I sent mine back in yesterday. They told me I would get a new one, but I'm not sure because I thought it would be refurb to. I was also told that the replacement phones actually go through more testing than the ones you order. That's what the Apple tech told me. They don't know when i'll get my new one though because I was told 4 days, 30 days, 2 weeks then I was told that any issues that does not affect you being able to talk on your phone, in my case the camera, is put on lowest priority. That from the Apple tech. I'm hoping she's wrong though.
There is some truth to that ... Refurb phones do go through all the testing with a real person, unlike the assembly line phones that are randomly checked by humans for device issues.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
I don't know about this but I spoke to Apple today and they told me it would be 3 days until I get my replacement, when I get it, I get to send mine back.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
Wow! I called this morning and my replacement phone was already shipped! That service! Thanks Apple.

Cjvdh

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2009
York, PA
www.twitter.com
So if I am having problems with my iPhone 4 where do I need to go for a return is Apple doing them directly?

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
So if I am having problems with my iPhone 4 where do I need to go for a return is Apple doing them directly?
I called Apple care directly and explained my issue. The offered to either go to a retail store or doing the exchange through mail, I chose the mail route because I did not want to take my chances with a smart*** genius.

jerni

Bronze
Oct 2, 2008
GA
www.instagram.com
So my question is, are all the other retailers supposed to be offering a similar exchange option? I ask because I called BB today and asked if I could exchange my phone or return it according to Apple's whole thing. The BB mobile guy said that I could exchange within 30 days of purchase and have to pay the restocking fee, basically their regular return policy. Honestly I'm not having a reception issue because I do have a case but I would like to capitalize on this opportunity to swap up for a white one. Any insight?

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
If your goal is to swap, you'll probably be hit with the restocking fee. Apple will replace the phone for another of the same color and capacity I think.

ITS ME DAVID

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 8, 2010
L.A C.A
I called Apple told them my signal problem, camera issue and proximity problems he gave me a repair I'd# go to my nearest ups give them that repair I'd # and they take care the rest I pay nothing out of
pocket and on my email confirmation it says sent in for replacement.

dawiyo

Bronze
Dec 2, 2007
Bel Air, MD
www.pier23studio.com
Just want to say, I've dealt a lot with Apple's refurbished products (both iPhones and computers) and they really are top notch. To someone reading this wondering about the quality of a replacement phone, don't worry. A lot of times, I can never even tell the phone apart from a new one.

Cjvdh

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2009
York, PA
www.twitter.com
Let us know how you make out.
I made out like bull crap! The lady told me I had to go into an Apple store for them to diagnostic testing or I can do the mail route but she cannot gaurantee I would be getting a BRAND NEW phone also she said we will have to put a hold on your credit card for that WTF? I guess I'll have to go into the Apple store that's an hour away and deal with a smart ass genius.