Exclusivity slowly fading-How do you feel?

jslappa

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
United States
United Kingdom
New Zealand
Czech Republic
Egypt
Greece
Italy
India
Portugal
South Africa
Turkey
Canada
Australia
Germany
France
Austria
Hungary?
Croatia?

With all these countries soon to be included in the legit sales of purportedly subsidized iPhones, how do you feel about a 3 or 4-fold increase in iPhone users? Do you like the fact that you have a phone that only 5.4 million other people have? Or, do you welcome the new additions to the EIC family?

I personally think that adding more people to our ranks is going to do nothing but increase the world's awareness about just how great the iPhone is. I think this will exponentially increase the number of quality apps available, and further stimulate the community's ability to maximize our overall use of the iPhone.

However, with that many new iPhone users, I can just see the swarms of "how to jailbreak" and "I think I bricked it" posts flooding the forums.

Let me know what ya think!

Steveo 90

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
well if there is an increase in already posted topics i suggest adding a few more mods on staff here.......they should be able to handle any annoyance

jimmy_hat

Bronze
Jan 19, 2008
UK
Well, I think it sucks a bit with the exclusivity starting to fade away, but there's always the 'luxury modification' path. You don't have to spend a fortune on doing that either, you can cover the back of your phone in leather for less than £10, or you could just gold plate it like mine's GOING to be once I get the damn screen fixed and receive the actual plating machine. Another problem is that Apple is releasing the new model one way too early. 5 months ago the iPhone was the latest cutting-edge phone technology. Now, they're selling them off cheap to get ready for the new model which will no doubt go out of date within 5 months again. It's damn annoying!

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I think it's going to do great things for the iPhone. When it was first released the Modifications side of the iPhone was pretty slim. Now more and more people are attempting to personalize their iPhone and we're getting better, more improved applications everyday.

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
In addition to more and more software being developed as more people get the phone, the amount of accessories, radios that are compatible, new cases, bluetooth headsets, etc.. are going to increase as well. When I first got my phone there were like 4 cases you could choose from. Now there are literally hundreds of different types and styles. I am all for more and more people using the phone. Maybe the prices will go down as well? Okay, I won't hold my breath on that one but it would be nice.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I bought my phone to use as a tool, not a status symbol.

May everyone have such a great tool.

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
Quality, not quantity. The iPhone is to phones today that the Razr was several years ago. The question will be whether Apple will use the profits for R&D of new products.

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
They don't have the manufacturing capacity to make them as ubiquitous and as old news as Razrs are now.

Share the joy, share the iPhone! The more users the merrier. I would like to see them sell so many that the price could drop enough to allow me to buy a new one every year!

I don't want something different. I just want something good. And if its good, lots of other people will want it too. Cool! They should have it!

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
More iPhones, more profit for Apple. More profit for Apple, higher prices for Apple's stock. Higher prices for Apple's stock, more money for me. I like success for Apple, and I like success for myself.

- John

coasts

Zealot
Gold
Jul 15, 2007
New York, NY
www.lomohomes.com
Well, I think it sucks a bit with the exclusivity starting to fade away, but there's always the 'luxury modification' path. You don't have to spend a fortune on doing that either, you can cover the back of your phone in leather for less than £10, or you could just gold plate it like mine's GOING to be once I get the damn screen fixed and receive the actual plating machine. Another problem is that Apple is releasing the new model one way too early. 5 months ago the iPhone was the latest cutting-edge phone technology. Now, they're selling them off cheap to get ready for the new model which will no doubt go out of date within 5 months again. It's damn annoying!
i'm painting mine with nail polish and using Nair to etch in a bass line around the bottom.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
^^I believe he was saying so that it's more customized and a more cost effective method as well, as opposed to paying $200 from Colorware.

jimmy_hat

Bronze
Jan 19, 2008
UK
Oh right... sorry thought u were kidding... Well in that case, good luck with that... You seriosly doing it? Wouldn't mind seeing some pics once its done! How will Nair etch anything into it though?

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
I agree with the posters saying the positive things about more people having the phone. More accessories (since larger customer base) and a louder voice if there are things to push to have changed.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
i think that this is the best phone out there.. i hope that everyone can use it.. its better that all get their hands on it..

there should not be an exclusive tag on it..