Exit Recovery Mode?

1. srose

srose New Member Bronze

Hi
    I accidentally put my iPhone 3G (3.0FW) into recovery mode. Is there any way of getting it back to normal without restoring it?

Thanks

2. optimusprime5823

optimusprime5823 New Member

try this out...it works for me

Kick the iPhone out of simple restore/recovery mode and make it reboot.
    1. Connect iPhone and your PC/Mac, quit iTunes.
    2. Hold Start/Sleep and Home for 10 seconds (I always count 100, 200, 300,...)
    3. Let go of Home button but keep holding Start/Sleep until the Apple logo on the iPhone screen shows up.
    4. Let go of Start/Sleep, the iPhone will boot

lemme know if it works out or not?

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. Adam1389

Adam1389 Member Silver

I ran QuickPWN on mine (one from the beta 3.0) and it takes it out of DFU mode .

5. iNinja

iNinja Zealot Gold

You can also, plug your phone into iTunes whilst switched off. Switch on whilst holding down the home button, iTunes will detect a phone in recovery mode. All you need to do is hold down the home and sleep buttons then for about 7/8 seconds and it should reboot normally, unless it has gone into recovery mode because of an error

6. jeannine0107

jeannine0107 New Member

Try this.
    1. Plug the iPhone into the computer while iTunes is running.
    2. Press and hold down the Power button (one at the top) and the Home button for exactly 10 seconds (you may need a timer!)
    3. While STILL HOLDING ONTO the Home button, release the Power button, and hold it for 15-20 seconds until you get a pop up on iTunes saying that your iPhone is in recovery mode.
    Keep in mind that your iPhone screen should be completly blank, and should not be showing anything. Just restore the phone and you will be good.

7. Europa

Europa Genius Senior Moderator

I noticed that you bumped several old threads. Someone already posted a simple solution that doesn't require a restore four years ago when the thread was started. Be sure to pay attention to the thread dates and if the solution was already posted. Thanks.