Expanding Memory Storage

Discussion in 'iPad mini' started by zavanna, Jan 12, 2015.

1. zavanna

zavanna New Member

My ipad mini have only 16gb and my storage is almost full. How can I expand the storage capacity of my ipad mini without deleting files?

2. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Unfortunately, you cannot expand the storage capacity of an iPad mini or any iOS device. You can however make use of what you have and maximize your existing storage. I outline a number of tips on maximizing storage in this article, which may prove helpful.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

You can use cloud based apps like Box, Dropbox and OneDrive to store photos and videos. Just upload to the apps and delete them from your camera roll. They're really nice. Another tip is to keep your messages deleted. Also, are there songs you really don't need and can delete? Some apps will accumulate cache. Facebook is notorious for that. My cousin found his Facebook app at 1 gb in size. He deleted it, then installed it back and it was reduced to about 100 mb. So there's much you can do to make space.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

6. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

7. Jimmyjade

Jimmyjade Member
    Bronze

I am super happy with the Seagate wifi 500GB hard drive:)

8. besweeet

besweeet Contributor
    Silver

If your space is mainly being taken up by apps, there's little you can do, other than clearing out the app's files/data/cache (jailbreaking makes this simple). If you're storing a lot of personal files or media onto it, an external storage device would work. Some use ad-hoc Wi-Fi for connectivity and microSD cards (or HDDs/SSDs/non-removable storage) for actually storing things.

If jailbroken, you can directly access the filesystem of an SD card when using the SD card adapter, which is fine for media and personal files, but can't be used for storing apps onto with symlinks and such.

9. zavanna

zavanna New Member

Thanks, Europa. I'll buy that flash drive.

10. ChristyAnn

ChristyAnn New Member

sorry to tell you that there is no way to expand your memory storage, I also have a iPad mini with 16 GB, and I choose to store some of my photos, videos to cloud space