Expectations - Met or Not?

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
I have to say they announced much more than I expected.

One thing that struck me as odd though is that they added a videocamera to the ipod Nano but not the ipod Touch? Not even a camera? Did I miss something? Isn't that the more practical route?

Anyways, I am 99% satisfied for now. -0.5% because no MMS still (I know I know 25th at&T) and -.05% because no camera on iPod Touch.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Well I remember reading there were issues regarding the cameras they were going to put into the iPod Touch, so maybe that could have something to do with the lack of a camera. I think it's a bit silly to put the camera in the Nano and not the Touch. Then again, they need to separate the devices somehow and provide incentive and desire for people to purchase them.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
It all depends. I typically measure these events by the amount of time it takes me to break out my credit card. I love my iPod nano, but do I need video? If I shoot video, I'd grab my Vadu.

Maybe the iPod shuffle, but I'm still not a fan of the new buttonless design. That was definitely the coolest of them all --- IMHO.

RossMc

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2009
Newcastle, UK
Mabey they didn't put a Camera in the iPod touch because they would rather people bought iPhones? lol just a guess.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I think I was most impressed with the new features of iTunes 9 and the release of OS 3.1. I have a 3rd gen nano ipod and now with the iPhone 3GS, I just don't have much interest in a new iPod.

AdrianCubed

Zealot
Gold
Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
I think the camera was to just boost the Nano sales. I mean Alot of kids, middleschoolers, teens etc have a nano. Now that it takes video, its pretty much fuel for youtube.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I think the camera was to just boost the Nano sales. I mean Alot of kids, middleschoolers, teens etc have a nano. Now that it takes video, its pretty much fuel for youtube.
That's a good point. It is mostly about who the iPod is marketed to. There are probably a lot of teens and pre-teens who will be excited over these new camera-enabled iPods.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Being able to organize apps in iTunes is enough to keep me happy for awhile. Also want to try out the Genius Mixes. I have never turned the Genius feature on, but this looks promising.

Woody1776

Bronze
Feb 26, 2008
DFW
I just played around with the Genius Mixes. Its very similar to the genius feature except it predetermines genre categories for you and you just pick which genre you want to listen too. Its pretty cool but nothing that blows the doors off the hinges.

I'm pretty excited about the app management. This has been a PITA when it comes to the iPhone and I'm glad they've addressed it.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
The Genius Mixes is pretty nice, but there is no way to see what songs are included. Really don't like that.