Expenses app with category expenses over time

Discussion in 'iPhone Apps and Games' started by Msvseh, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Msvseh

Msvseh New Member

Greetings.

I've been looking for an expense app with this feature for quite sometime now, I would greatly appreciate if anyone could give me a hand.

Basically I need an expense tracking app with the ability to see category expenses changes monthly in one window.

There's one app which has this feature: Weple Money. Their implementation of this feature is superb: you are looking at the bars graph of your monthly expenses by category and you click "groceries" for instance, the app then shows you grocery expenses in each months in one window.

Despite this usefull feature the app is poorly developed has a lot of bugs, and cannot be relied on for financial accounting ( plus it does not have import feature).

Does anybody know/used a good solid build expense app with that particular feature.

Thanks.

2. jtryon

jtryon New Member

There is several expenses apps on the App Store. I'd suggest searching for expense tracker. As for the specific feature that you want, the best way to find one that fits your needs would be to download say 3 or 4 of them and compare features. You can also find a list of features reading the description of the app.

3. Msvseh

Msvseh New Member

jtryon, appreciate your comment

Over the course of 2 years I have downloaded and tested and bought numerous apps and none of them exhibit this crucial functionality. List of features in the description doesn't necessarily contain all features, this has promoted me to actually buy apps to test them, as most of them lacked free trials. There are few apps that I consider to be reliable enough and I have contacted the developers asking them to implement this feature to no avail so far.

May be there is an app out there that I just missed, I ask of people who happen to use such apps to share their view.

4. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Mint is a popular expense app. Don't know if it's what you seek though.
    Mint: Money Manager, Budget & Personal Finance by Mint.com
    https://appsto.re/us/wBu5r.i

5. Msvseh

Msvseh New Member

I have tried it. Mint uploads all transactions automatically/directly from the bank. I would rather input transactions by myself. Besides the feature I seek is not there. Thanks anyway.