Experiences Traveling With My iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jan 11, 2007
Cary, NC
I just got back from a week down at Disney World and for this trip thought I'd try an experiment. I only used my iPhone camera. I left my digital camera at home. I was very pleased with the results. In many cases the pictures turned out much better than those my wife took with her Canon 2MP digital camera. I was also pleased with pictures I took at night - they turned out much better than I thought they would.

For this trip I also left my laptop at home. My iPhone did a great job of handling all my email and web browsing needs. I was able to do some things over the web that required a full-featured web browser with no problems at all (like checkin with my airline for our return flight). Other apps that were very usefull were Weather and the Clock apps. Finally I found AT&T service at Disney World excellent.

If you'd like to see my pictures follow this link -

http://picasaweb.google.com/wolfpackfan/200712WaltDisneyWorldAKViPhone?authkey=VGMpEz5M4jQ

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Yep, I took all of them with my iPhone.
Nice pics! They just look like mine. I did the same thing last month. Went to Disney World, Sea World, Islands of Adventure and Universal. And all I had was my iPhone. I took hundreds of pics and put them online on my web gallery. Day pictures, night pictures, indoor pictures. Most of them came out looking great.

It was great not to tote around a Treo, a camera and an iPod, and still get pictures that were quite satisfactory. In fact, especially the night pics were better than the ones I used to take with my "better" digital camera. A lot less blurry. Putting them online on-the-go was also a bonus.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Question - how did you put them online on-the-go? I didn't know you could do this.
I know that if you have a flickr account, they can you a special email address that you can send your photos to and they will be uploaded.

- John

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Question - how did you put them online on-the-go? I didn't know you could do this.
If you have a dot mac account, you choose to "send the picture" and you're given several choices. One of them it to "send to web gallery". If you have several of them like I do, it then asks you which web gallery to send it to. And voila, it's online in seconds.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
I know that if you have a flickr account, they can you a special email address that you can send your photos to and they will be uploaded.

- John
You can also upload to photobucket. It is easy. I have my photobucket address in my contact of myself to send pics. (I hope that makes sense).

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
Nice pics! They just look like mine. I did the same thing last month. Went to Disney World, Sea World, Islands of Adventure and Universal. And all I had was my iPhone. I took hundreds of pics and put them online on my web gallery. Day pictures, night pictures, indoor pictures. Most of them came out looking great.

It was great not to tote around a Treo, a camera and an iPod, and still get pictures that were quite satisfactory. In fact, especially the night pics were better than the ones I used to take with my "better" digital camera. A lot less blurry. Putting them online on-the-go was also a bonus.
I like this photo, it looks like you did some funky (good funky) photoshopping to it. The film grain (noise) give's it a sexy flair. Wow, great capture! M

Last edited by a moderator:

mrgrumble

Bronze
Oct 26, 2007
Strong Island, NY
yes those are some great pics in that album. When I first went into the album I thought I saw on the preview photos the blue tone to all the pics then after opening them up and looking at them full size I noticed how good they came out. The edges are extremely sharp and almost seems like the phone has an auto focus in some of the pictures. Overall thanks for the post they came out great and now i'm not afraid to use it as an "all-in-one" as it should be when I go away. Nothing better then knowing you have everything in the palm of your hands.

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
Great pics for sure.
You can upload photos to any photo hosting site via email. I use Photobucket like kokogirl mentioned. My address is my photobucket username and then a special photobucket address. Something like username@photobucket.uploads.com. It even sends a confirmation email back to you so you know it got there. Much more reliable on wifi though. Sometimes on Edge they don't seem to get there.
You can also use the 3rd party app to send high res pics to your hosting site. Sendpics is the name of the app.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I like this photo, it looks like you did some funky (good funky) photoshopping to it. The film grain (noise) give's it a sexy flair. Wow, great capture! M
Hi, iPhonian,

While I'm the first one to "do" something to my pics when I can, my iPhone pics are usually unaltered. Cinderella's castle had that shiny, sparkly aspect to
it in real life. The "grain" is due to the low light available on Walt and Mickey. iPhone pics in low light are definitely grainy.