Experiencing "cannot get mail" error with Mail app. (?)

fdchilds16

Bronze
May 6, 2008
I'm helping someone who is having a problem with getting their mail to work right. They say that they keep getting this error, "Cannot get mail. The user name or password for imap.apple.mail.yahoo.com' is incorrect," although they are putting the information in the same way that they do into their regular email on the computer.

Does anyone know why this is happening, and if so, how to fix it? Thanks!

michael180

Zealot
Gold
Jun 14, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA
moderntimes.com
I'm helping someone who is having a problem with getting their mail to work right. They say that they keep getting this error, "Cannot get mail. The user name or password for imap.apple.mail.yahoo.com' is incorrect," although they are putting the information in the same way that they do into their regular email on the computer.

Does anyone know why this is happening, and if so, how to fix it? Thanks!
Is the phone jailbroken? If so there is an app called Mail Fix 1.0 that you might try. If the phone is stock simply go to Settings> General> Reset> Reset All.

Good luck

fdchilds16

Bronze
May 6, 2008
The phone is jailbroken. It's 1.1.4. I think the mail fix is only for an earlier version of firmware.

fdchilds16

Bronze
May 6, 2008
Can you tell me the exact link that I need to add in the Sources tab for this source to show up? Thanks a bunch!

jahjah1

Jun 9, 2008
i had the same probem.what i did was,go to setting then mail,in mail check your mail setting,sometimes when you do too many reset it looses its settings.hope that helps.

fdchilds16

Bronze
May 6, 2008
Thanks. It's not my phone. I'm helping someone. I haven't heard from him yet, but this should fix him right up. Thanks for all your help.

fdchilds16

Bronze
May 6, 2008
The person I'm helping is still having trouble with his mail. He's saying that it's popping up a brand new message that says (imap.apple.mail.yahoo.com not responding. Check your network connection and enter the correct information in the "incomming mail server.")

He's tried all the advice offered on this forum and it just won't get to working. Does anyone have any idea what's going on?