experiencing problems of "no service" after jailbreak

RevRoy

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
I've been Jailbroke for months but, lately had to restore and re-jailbreak. Afterward I am experiencing problems of "no service". I just restored back to factory and have service just fine. can anyone tell me what the issue would be?

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
I've been Jailbroke for months but, lately had to restore and re-jailbreak. Afterward I am experiencing problems of "no service". I just restored back to factory and have service just fine. can anyone tell me what the issue would be?
Do you build a custom firmware in expert mode? If so - try use the "Simple mode"!

RevRoy

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
I tried both simple and expert as well as quickpwn. But it seems to be doing the same thing with out being jail broke. I'm thinking it's a hardware issue.

dagoo98

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
If you are on AT&T you cannot check the activate phone box in the jailbreak tool. AT&T needs to " activate" your phone in order to get service.

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
I tried both simple and expert as well as quickpwn. But it seems to be doing the same thing with out being jail broke. I'm thinking it's a hardware issue.
Okay. I have read somewhere about a dude fixing his problem (as yours) by using the "Simple" way.

RevRoy

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
This seems to be very sporadic. it's even doing it not that the phone has been restored. I have set u a genius bar appointment for 8:30 tomorrow morning. Hopefully they'll have an answer or trade for another phone. I did purchase Apple care so maybe they can help.

RevRoy

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
Just got back from Apple store with my new phone.:laugh2: They checked out and said it had a modem issue and replaced it. yay! re-jailbreaking as I type.

Jan 17, 2010
Just got back from Apple store with my new phone.:laugh2: They checked out and said it had a modem issue and replaced it. yay! re-jailbreaking as I type.
I am experiencing the same issue of no service...however instead of trying to re-jailbreak again (I paid someone to do so before)...I would like to take it back to Apple...Do you have TMObile? If so, what did you explain to Apple? I took my phone to Apple today, and it worked with an ATT sim, but this was after my factory reset...my phone will not work after a jailbreak. I have TMobile.
I apologize in advance if my reply bothers anyone...I'm just not satisfied with my glorified 16gb iPhone paperweight...I've searched countless blogs for an answer, but every method tried doesn't work....

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
If you put a T-Mobile SIM card in the iPhone, you will need to turn 3G off. Then you will have signal again :)

Jan 17, 2010
Thanks..but I've tried that...as well as airplane mode off/on...reset network settings..you name it...it has been tried...at this point I would prefer to get it replaced...but I'm not sure how to do so if i take it to Apple and their ATT sim works...since I'm using TMobile...I can't go in there with a jailbroken phone

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Are you sure you toggled 3G to off?

Also, can you cofirm that this T-Mobile SIM works?

I'm stumped, as everyone with the same problem toggles 3G and the phone works...
T-Mobile SIM's only work on EDGE/GPRS in America, well on the iPhone anyway.

Jan 17, 2010
This TMobile sim works in every phone I've put it in...it is also new...as I had TMObile send me a new one a few wks ago....I definitely toggled 3g off...I even had a local "Genius" (Non-Apple) take a look at my phone...he was stumped as well...he rejailbroke it...tried AT&T and tmobile sims...no such luck...it seems to only work...for AT&T...when it is locked...He suggested that I take a magnet to the motherboard and that would damage the iPhone internally, but it would be undetectable and I should get a replacement...not sure if I want to go this route...this sucks ash!

alastair

Sep 16, 2011
Hello
I have a solution that works on my iPhone. I got it in China and is jailbreaked US phone 4.3.3. (i think)
Heres what I did...maybe itll work for you

Restart the phone.
1) I have some thing called Gevey. Guess its some jailbreak software. When it loads up a window opens and i press "accept" .
2) I call 112 (emergency services). let it try to connect but cancel the call before it connects the call. Around 2 seconds.
3) go to options and turn airplane more to On
4) wait...10 seconds or so
5) wait 5 seconds more....
6) PATIENCE!
7) it says "no sim card installed". press OK
8) turn airplane mode OFF
9) it says "sim failure". press ok
10) wait. there is now no text on the signal bar
11) wait..it says searching...
12) wait 20 seconds more
13) it connects.
14) and thats a bingo!

If I do these steps exactly it works everytime. If i miss one step (for example letting 112 connect) it fails.
Then i can make calls...
Well i would if the microphone doesn't fail and people can hear me.

I still have house phone though...right?

hope this helps someone.

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
That was probably a very helpful tips however last post on this thread was over a year and half ago.
Btw welcome. Should do an Introduction in the Introduce yourself section.

alastair

Sep 16, 2011
well...as long as its googleable.
I know nothing about iPhones except I wont buy jailbreaked again.