Exploding iPhone 7Plus? The next #Applegate...

Discussion in 'iPhone 7' started by EverythingApple, Oct 4, 2016.

1. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

So after the exploding Samsung phones, there are now reports of an exploding iPhone 7Plus. It is said to be an isolated incident, but isn't that what Samsung first said. Here is the next dilemma. First I heard of #hissinggate, now #explodinggate? The BGR article and the exact same article posted in the NY Post.

2. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I want to see what the investigation reveals. Was the phone in a back pocket? Did the battery get compressed or bent when in that back pocket?

I'm one of the Holy Grails of iPhone 7 models. My 7 Plus has none of the reported issues - hissing, creaking, yellow screen, etc.

3. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

...this iPhone exploded while in transit, according to the phone’s owner. When he received the iPhone he ordered and took it out of the box, this is what he found.

Details are scarce for the time being. “Something happened between the factory and delivery,” is all the phone’s owner had to say in his thread on Reddit. Apple hasn’t commented publicly and neither has UPS, but one or both companies will likely have to investigate the matter when the phone’s owner contacts Apple for a replacement.

4. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I remember seeing that case a few days ago. I'm still interested to see what sort of damage it suffered in transit.

5. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

I'm in this camp. My iPhone 7 PLUS is PERFECT in every way. And it's PIANO BLACK. It is such an outstanding phone. I don't know where to begin in singing it's praises. It's so BLACK. And shiny. Any beautiful. And works so perfectly. And fast.

6. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I didn't catch that. Is it black?

7. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

It sounds like it's as shiny and beautiful to behold as a grand piano being played by Chopin in Paris, if you could time travel.

8. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Looks like a forklift incident, but something darn sure destroyed the box with the phone in it. Probably punctured the battery in the process:
    http://m.imgur.com/a/LrhYz