Exploding iPhone 7Plus? The next #Applegate...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
So after the exploding Samsung phones, there are now reports of an exploding iPhone 7Plus. It is said to be an isolated incident, but isn't that what Samsung first said. Here is the next dilemma. First I heard of #hissinggate, now #explodinggate? The BGR article and the exact same article posted in the NY Post.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
So after the exploding Samsung phones, there are now reports of an exploding iPhone 7Plus. It is said to be an isolated incident, but isn't that what Samsung first said. Here is the next dilemma. First I heard of #hissinggate, now #explodinggate? The BGR article and the exact same article posted in the NY Post.
I want to see what the investigation reveals. Was the phone in a back pocket? Did the battery get compressed or bent when in that back pocket?

I'm one of the Holy Grails of iPhone 7 models. My 7 Plus has none of the reported issues - hissing, creaking, yellow screen, etc.

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
I want to see what the investigation reveals. Was the phone in a back pocket? Did the battery get compressed or bent when in that back pocket?

I'm one of the Holy Grails of iPhone 7 models. My 7 Plus has none of the reported issues - hissing, creaking, yellow screen, etc.
...this iPhone exploded while in transit, according to the phone’s owner. When he received the iPhone he ordered and took it out of the box, this is what he found.

Details are scarce for the time being. “Something happened between the factory and delivery,” is all the phone’s owner had to say in his thread on Reddit. Apple hasn’t commented publicly and neither has UPS, but one or both companies will likely have to investigate the matter when the phone’s owner contacts Apple for a replacement.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
...this iPhone exploded while in transit, according to the phone’s owner. When he received the iPhone he ordered and took it out of the box, this is what he found.

Details are scarce for the time being. “Something happened between the factory and delivery,” is all the phone’s owner had to say in his thread on Reddit. Apple hasn’t commented publicly and neither has UPS, but one or both companies will likely have to investigate the matter when the phone’s owner contacts Apple for a replacement.
I remember seeing that case a few days ago. I'm still interested to see what sort of damage it suffered in transit.

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
I'm in this camp. My iPhone 7 PLUS is PERFECT in every way. And it's PIANO BLACK. It is such an outstanding phone. I don't know where to begin in singing it's praises. It's so BLACK. And shiny. Any beautiful. And works so perfectly. And fast.