Export iPad bookmarks to PC

Discussion in 'iPad' started by enjoylife1788, Dec 13, 2011.

1. enjoylife1788

enjoylife1788 Member
    Bronze

Hey guys, I used to sync my bookmarks my IE bookmarks with my iPad. For some reason my IE bookmarks got corrupted and got deleted. Now the only place i have my bookmarks is my iPad. I would wanna export them to my pc. Any browser would do initially. I can transfer them between browsers later on.

Please. I don't wanna lose my years of bookmarks. If i sync my iPad with iTunes, it would just overwrite with local data which has no bookmarks.

#1 enjoylife1788, Dec 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2014
  2. showguy

showguy Member
    Silver

You have 2 options as I see it. If you are upgraded to OS 5.0 or higher you can sign up for a free Icloud account. One of Icouds features is syncing bookmarks. The other option is when you sync with iTunes the bookmarks should sync back to your PC.

3. enjoylife1788

enjoylife1788 Member
    Bronze

Thanks.. Will give it a a shot and let u know.. :)

4. enjoylife1788

enjoylife1788 Member
    Bronze

I tried syncing it with iTunes.. It deletes all from the iPad as there are none on the pc.

Also, I tried adding one in the pc and then syncing and it still deletes..

Please help.. And m untethered on 4.3.3. So don't wanna update to ios 5..

5. fury

fury Evangelist
    Gold

If you have a file manager installed from Cydia, or can log into your iPad from your computer (SSH/SFTP), there is a Bookmarks.plist file under /private/var/mobile/Library/Safari

Grab that and either email it to yourself or some how get it onto your PC.

I do not know if it is human readable, or if IE can import the .plist file directly. But if not, Safari for Windows can import it, and once it is on Safari, you can export it to an .html file, and import that into IE.

6. enjoylife1788

enjoylife1788 Member
    Bronze

Thanks for the info :)

I tried importing the plist and it did successfuly but it didn't show any bookmarks.

Anyways, after that I synced with iTunes and selected safari instead of IE, and boom.. All went through normally. Exported to HTML and got into IE. and now all is in sync..