extending my ringer

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

DeeRector2

Bronze
Aug 30, 2007
Making Ringtones fully custom to your likes

You can do it but requires a little more of an effort than a simple drag and drop or check of a box. I bring a music clip into Final Cut Pro in WAV format... (don't use MP3...for some reason they click) edit the song.. Choose what part you like and make it long.. AT&T's rings usually last like 17-18 seconds so anything more than that will just get cut off anyway. Cingular rings were long, like 24 seconds but that changed about 6 months ago or so. Anyway.....you can also make your music louder to have a nice loud ringtone.....Now, export it as a WAV to your desktop. Drag it into iTunes. Convert it to MP3. Sync your phone, now its in your phone. You still have to use the "Send Song" App to get the song into your "Sounds" otherwise it will just stay in music folder for the iPod...

Hope this helps... if not, get back to me and ill write a detailed detailed description..

mido

Sep 21, 2007
You can do it but requires a little more of an effort than a simple drag and drop or check of a box. I bring a music clip into Final Cut Pro in WAV format... (don't use MP3...for some reason they click) edit the song.. Choose what part you like and make it long.. AT&T's rings usually last like 17-18 seconds so anything more than that will just get cut off anyway. Cingular rings were long, like 24 seconds but that changed about 6 months ago or so. Anyway.....you can also make your music louder to have a nice loud ringtone.....Now, export it as a WAV to your desktop. Drag it into iTunes. Convert it to MP3. Sync your phone, now its in your phone. You still have to use the "Send Song" App to get the song into your "Sounds" otherwise it will just stay in music folder for the iPod...

Hope this helps... if not, get back to me and ill write a detailed detailed description..
hey buddy thank you, but would you please clarify how to get your custome ringtones onto your phone? i have a bunch of mp3s and i wana em to be in there,, thanks

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007

He was asking how to make the ringing time longer, not the ringtone. I have this issue myself, but unfortunately AT&T decides on how long our phones ring.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
hey buddy thank you, but would you please clarify how to get your custome ringtones onto your phone? i have a bunch of mp3s and i wana em to be in there,, thanks
if you are a windows user, google search and install "ibrickr" and that will make your getting ringtones on the iPhone MUCH easier. I also use "wavepad" which os a free download to edit my music into ringtones... Then ibrickr to install them.. Good luck.

DeeRector2

Bronze
Aug 30, 2007
Ahh I see. You can't make the actual ringing longer. Like I said Att just shortened it. But don't feel bad. Nextels have the shortest ring times.

He was asking how to make the ringing time longer, not the ringtone. I have this issue myself, but unfortunately AT&T decides on how long our phones ring.

blackcat

Jul 16, 2007
  1. On your phone, dial *#61# and click Call.
  2. Some information should be displayed: number that the calls are being forwarded to and the delay before the forwarding engages.
  3. Write down the number (including +1)
  4. Dial **61*+1xxxxxxxxxx*11*30# and hit Call. +1xxxxxxxxxx is the number you wrote down previously, 30 is the delay in seconds. The delay can be set in 5 second increments, 30 is maximum
  5. Dial *#61# to verify that the new settings are active.
To get the plus sign hold the zero down for a few seconds and it will appear. Do not put a value of over 30 in or you will be charged for airtime... I use 25 myself.

mjeagent

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Northern Virginia
  2. Some information should be displayed: number that the calls are being forwarded to and the delay before the forwarding engages.
  4. Dial **61*+1xxxxxxxxxx*11*30# and hit Call. +1xxxxxxxxxx is the number you wrote down previously, 30 is the delay in seconds. The delay can be set in 5 second increments, 30 is maximum
To get the plus sign hold the zero down for a few seconds and it will appear. Do not put a value of over 30 in or you will be charged for airtime... I use 25 myself.
Sorry, what will this do?

mido

Sep 21, 2007
if you are a windows user, google search and install "ibrickr" and that will make your getting ringtones on the iPhone MUCH easier. I also use "wavepad" which os a free download to edit my music into ringtones... Then ibrickr to install them.. Good luck.
you're AWESOME! i needed to restart my iPhone to activate the ringtones.. just a tip :)

Omg, i've edited my post for million times now,, any way. i got another trick, when you sync the iPhone, all ringtones will get gone from the device, however, they are still listed in the iBrickr, so what you need is to upload just one another tone, and then the whole list will be back in iPhone and the assigned tones will be there too.. don't forget to restart the phone... it seems lots of steps but it doesn't take more than 10 sec...

qryptiq

Jul 21, 2007

hah! thanks a bunch!