External speakers still play with earphones?

Goodwood

Aug 29, 2007
IN
I know this may seem like an idiotic question, but how do I get the iPhone's ipod sound to come out of the headset jack, and not from the ext speakers? When I plug either headphones in, or the mini-to- rca cable, I get no sound to them, only from the ext speakers. Is there a setting I need to change or what? When I 1st got the iPhone, the headphones worked, but not now.

jwhcowan

Jul 5, 2007
Check to see if there is any lint etc in the headphone jack, preventing it from making a solid connection.

Goodwood

Aug 29, 2007
IN
Check to see if there is any lint etc in the headphone jack, preventing it from making a solid connection.
No, it's clear of debris. I did blow it out with a Giotto Rocket blower just to be sure, but it just occurred to me that it fell out of my pants pocket this week onto the pavement. It is protected by a hard plastic shell, and does function normally with this one exception.
Jees, what if I gotta send it in? How long is the turnaround?

Goodwood

Aug 29, 2007
IN
Still looking for answers!

To repeat, When I plug into the headphone jack, I get no sound out of the headset, only from the tiny ext speakers. Anyone help?

wineshop

Oct 28, 2007
I had the same thing happen. I couldn't figure out why. Finally - I realized my headphones were not going all the way into the jack. The iPhone's phone jack is set rather deep into the hole. I was using 3rd party headphones that wouldn't fit into that small hole. Using the Apple earbuds (which fit perfectly, of course) I realized my problem .

Just something to check.

Goodwood

Aug 29, 2007
IN
I had the same thing happen. I couldn't figure out why. Finally - I realized my headphones were not going all the way into the jack. The iPhone's phone jack is set rather deep into the hole. I was using 3rd party headphones that wouldn't fit into that small hole. Using the Apple earbuds (which fit perfectly, of course) I realized my problem .

Just something to check.
Exactly the problem! This was found out only AFTER we did a system restore. :mad: Thanks!

wineshop

Oct 28, 2007
Exactly the problem! This was found out only AFTER we did a system restore. :mad: Thanks!

..... in my best Homer Simpson voice .... 'D'OH!

Sorry my reply was too late!