Extracting Encrypted iPhone 5s Back up

Rumdada

Sep 23, 2007
Basically I no longer have an iPhone got stolen I have a htc one m8 for the time being waiting for the iPhone 6 or to buy a 5s off craigslist any way I wanted to recover my pictures from this iTunes back up but i am having trouble I can see the backup with Aibe software but it says the files are damaged when I try to look at them.

is there any FREE software to extract my iTunes backup I download one and it would view the pictures but wanted me to pay $49.99 for the software ( I do know the password to my encrypted back up) Thanks in advanced !

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
You can restore your next iPhone from the backup and the photos will show up in the photos app. If you want to try to access them before getting a new iPhone, you can try a backup extractor program, but they have limited support for encrypted backups.
http://www.iPhonebackupextractor.com/free-download/

Rumdada

Sep 23, 2007
That doesn't help one bit............ I know I can access it via paid programs Im asking if there are any free programs for windows..........

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I Googled "free backup extractor" and provided you with a link for a program that has a free version. It says the free version extracts photos.

Rumdada

Sep 23, 2007
Thanks but it only allows 2 photos and wants you to purchase the software