Extremely slow downloads

Timerthy

Bronze
Jan 31, 2009
Houston, tx
Hi all,

I've googled it, but I haven't found anyone with speeds this slow...

My problem is when I'm downloading movies or tv shows (I have safari download plugin) I'm getting an average of 20kbps sometimes as low as 9kbps. If I'm lucky it'll go to 70kbps, but not very often.

Is there something I need to clean up/add/remove?

I've cleaned a lot of the memory hoping that would help, but still nothing.

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
Jailbreaking seems to slow processing speeds down, but download speeds i don't think have been affected i don't think. Have you checked how much free memory you have? You are able to download an app to tell you... i honestly don't think that memory would effect download speeds though? Have you tried the phone in a different area or on wifi? If you get a good DL speed on wifi then it is your network

Timerthy

Bronze
Jan 31, 2009
Houston, tx
Processing speeds are also slow. I know that has to do with memory for sure though and I'm working on that
. Actual memory I have about 10Gb left. According to Cydia my system memory is 91% full although I don't know how.
I have tried at work home and church, not during church though ;) still the same.

I tried a few apps that clean up memory and it helped a little bit. My average d/l speed is about 38kbps now...
I don't have wifi access anywhere at the moment, but as soon as I do I'll try that.

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
Processing speeds are also slow. I know that has to do with memory for sure though and I'm working on that
. Actual memory I have about 10Gb left. According to Cydia my system memory is 91% full although I don't know how.
I have tried at work home and church, not during church though ;) still the same.

I tried a few apps that clean up memory and it helped a little bit. My average d/l speed is about 38kbps now...
I don't have wifi access anywhere at the moment, but as soon as I do I'll try that.
Even my most bloated computer of 7 years that had slowed considerably still had excellent connectivity and down,load speeds, so it might not be your system memory, although at 91% that's pretty badass.

Conv5

Bronze
May 28, 2009
Lubbock, Texas
Even my most bloated computer of 7 years that had slowed considerably still had excellent connectivity and down,load speeds, so it might not be your system memory, although at 91% that's pretty badass.
True, maybe you should check your network.