iPhone X Face ID Question

bams50

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 23, 2007
I guess that's why I wasn't understanding- The cost of my phone was a lot of money to me, and I use it to Ron all aspects of my life, so I guess I have trained myself to have it in my hand or my pocket anytime I am out of the house. Always. Even in my office it's in my pocket unless I'm actually using it. And even though I lock my car every time I get out of it, I would never leave my phone in there. But, I realize that some people leave not only their phone but even their wallet in the car. I'm just not that guy.

In 10 years of owning iPhones, I have never lost one or destroyed one. I did crack the screen by having it in my front pocket and bumping into a counter when I was carrying groceries. Lesson learned. But if one is prone to absentmindedness where their phone is concerned, I see what you're saying.

Reactions: Mommy

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
I guess that's why I wasn't understanding- The cost of my phone was a lot of money to me, and I use it to Ron all aspects of my life, so I guess I have trained myself to have it in my hand or my pocket anytime I am out of the house. Always. Even in my office it's in my pocket unless I'm actually using it. And even though I lock my car every time I get out of it, I would never leave my phone in there. But, I realize that some people leave not only their phone but even their wallet in the car. I'm just not that guy.

In 10 years of owning iPhones, I have never lost one or destroyed one. I did crack the screen by having it in my front pocket and bumping into a counter when I was carrying groceries. Lesson learned. But if one is prone to absentmindedness where their phone is concerned, I see what you're saying.
Never say never and it’s all fun and games until someone if copying your photos, posting on social media, draining your bank account all through your phone

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
You must not use public transportation . Specially with the new X there will be a lot more cases of snatch and run theft. They happen a lot in tourist places. You are busy looking at your maps and pay no attention to your surroundings.
My phones got pictures of ID's and some important documents, medical and financial information.

Mthoroughbred

Zealot
Silver
Dec 16, 2008
I think everybody has private information on their phones. But mine is either in my hand or my pocket or the console of my car. I don't see how anybody could get any information out of my phone, even unlocked.
I guess you have never been robbed or lost anything or your vehicle never broken into huh? Some people have sensitive info on their phones that could be work related or personal that they don’t want others to see or have. Emails, banking info, access to their home and/or car using the phone for lots of reasons or just cause they don’t want anyone to have access to their phone but them.

Mthoroughbred

Zealot
Silver
Dec 16, 2008

Not making fun but I do find it interesting when people say never this never that. Until it happens.

mbairguy

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 8, 2012
Birmingham, AL
What if...during the FaceID “learning process”...you use you THUMB?... Could you then:

1. Hold up your thumb to unlock the phone?

2. Would then that be, 2 billion times more secure?